Pricing Problem

Business By saberger Updated 20 Jun 2009 , 2:10pm by saberger

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 6:21am
post #31 of 33

OK - in what universe is the cake you've described a "simple" 6" cake??

to me a simple 6" cake is two basic layers, no torting, filled and iced with basic buttercream, with buttercream borders and a few flowers. Maybe an inscription.

gourmet fillings? gourmet flavours? meringue buttercream? chocolate-friggin'-transfers???

hello???

that's NOT a "simple 6" cake"

at the end of the day, a previous poster is right - it takes almost as long to mix, bake and decorate a 6" cake as it does an 8 or 9" or larger...

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 6:25am
post #32 of 33

I won't do a cake that small. Like someone mentioned, it takes just as long to prepare and decorate a 6" as an 8". Also, people aren't really aware of just how dinky a 6-inch cake actually is.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 2:10pm
post #33 of 33

I guess I consider it to be simple because I don't have any fancy piping on there. The icing takes me just as much time as any other cake. And then the only thing added (really) are the transfers, which I can pop out pretty quickly. But you are right about the gourmet flavors and such. I have someone else who wants a cake - same style but for soccer - for 22 people and she gets a 9" round for the same price as this 6" square because it isn't gourmet flavor. So, I think that is putting it more into perspective for me......I just have to remember it is mainly because of the gourmet filling and flavor.

But thanks for your support everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%