Need Some Help For Father's Day Cake

Decorating By Alicia0620 Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm by Alicia0620

Alicia0620 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 3

Ok all you wonderful creative people... My brain and energy is running low this week, have been with the in-laws FOR TWO WEEKS icon_cry.gif .. I'm making a father's day cake for the daddy's and my MIL wanted to know if there was some way I could post their names (only 3) some where on the cake. I'm making a grill cake on the red and white checkerboard. So what do you think? She suggested making a grill mit for each guy but I just don't know if 3 grill mits would look good. What if I just made one grill mitt and wrote all 3 names on it??? Hmm... Ok, well any suggestions will be appreciated! Or.. just thought of this, what about if I made one of those grill aprons for guys and somehow included their names on it..? The grill is going to be out of cake, and anything else will be out of fondant.

2 replies
vtcake Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 3

If there're 2 guys who don't grill as well as the other, maybe a running family joke, maybe make the 3 mitts, but have 2 of them, or heck even all 3, be in various stages of burnt beyond repair? Can't wait to see your pics!

Alicia0620 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 3

Well thank you for the suggestions, but when the time came I just said forget it on trying to incorporate the guy's names because more guys was going to be at the father's day dinner than had origianlly planned. That was a cute idea though lol! Having the burned grill mits, I like that! I just ended up doing a grill with a hamburger and corn on it, with a ketchup bottle spelling out happy father's day, and an apron that said daddio of the patio. They all really liked it. You can look at it in my pictures.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%