Wilton Decorator Icing Question

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm by mareg

jennbrownrigg Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I accepted an order for 3 cakes, due the day that my new home purchase closes....day before I move...dumb move but it's good money so I'll suck it up now. I am wondering how the wilton decorator icing tastes? If I bought a bucket of it, would it be really bad of me to use it instead of homemade? Is there something I could add to it to make it more 'homemade'??

ON a sidenote, could I make a big batch of buttercream and freeze it, then thaw it & rewhip? OR, could I decorate the two sheet cakes (minus the fondant accents) and then box and freeze both of them, then do the two tier fondant one the day before or whatever?

2 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 3

I use it occassionally and like it. You could add some extra vanilla to boose the flavor if you want. It certainly is a time saver.

Good Luck & Congrats on the new house thumbs_up.gif

mareg Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 3

I wouldn't esp. if the cakes are for someone else AND they are paying you. Could be bad for future clients.
If you have a Sams club by you I'd invest in the tub there. Mine is 34.00 for a huge tub and the exp. dates are far enough away that I'll have time to use it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%