Wilton Decorator Icing Question

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm by mareg

jennbrownrigg Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I accepted an order for 3 cakes, due the day that my new home purchase closes....day before I move...dumb move but it's good money so I'll suck it up now. I am wondering how the wilton decorator icing tastes? If I bought a bucket of it, would it be really bad of me to use it instead of homemade? Is there something I could add to it to make it more 'homemade'??

ON a sidenote, could I make a big batch of buttercream and freeze it, then thaw it & rewhip? OR, could I decorate the two sheet cakes (minus the fondant accents) and then box and freeze both of them, then do the two tier fondant one the day before or whatever?

TIA

Jenn

2 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 3

I use it occassionally and like it. You could add some extra vanilla to boose the flavor if you want. It certainly is a time saver.

Good Luck & Congrats on the new house thumbs_up.gif

mareg Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 3

I wouldn't esp. if the cakes are for someone else AND they are paying you. Could be bad for future clients.
If you have a Sams club by you I'd invest in the tub there. Mine is 34.00 for a huge tub and the exp. dates are far enough away that I'll have time to use it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%