Tulip Cupcake Wrappers..how Do I??

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 11:47am by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 16

I have an order for 24 sunflower cupcakes.I bought the brown Tulip cupcake liners.My question is do I bake the cupcake right in the wrap or do I bake it seperately in a white cupcake liner and drop it in?

I have posted a pic of the tulip wrap...
LL

15 replies
Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 16

I am pretty sure you can bake right in these. I just ordered some myself. Can't wait to try them.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 16

http://www.fancyflours.com/site/7100-CF-FBR-1.html

Read the description- it says that you can bake in them like a normal baking cup. Depending on how difficult the design, I might bake separately, decorate cupcake, then place in tulip cup. It might make it easier to decorate (and not get icing on the tulip cup). If you have extra cups, you can always try it out both ways and see which way works best for you.

Pily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pily Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 16

I suggest that you bake in one type of paper to see how it is. decide how to do so.
are precious
PD use a translator for this, sorry

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 16

Love those liners! I know that *I* would make a mess trying to put batter in or decorating in those cups. I would probably bake in inexpensive plain liners and use the papers as a sleeve after decorating.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 16

I'm with imboser on this one. I think bake separately then pop them in the liner. Also, the lighter one might get burnt edges around the paper. It looks so thin. Very pretty though.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:23am
post #7 of 16

on martha stewart just the other week she had a cupcake edition. a cupcake bakery came in to make their famous cupcakes in wrappers like these. she showed how to make them, using parchment paper cut into 5.5" squares lay it over the muffin tin opening and push the paper down with a plastic disposable cup giving it a little twist, fill with a scoop of batter and bake.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #8 of 16

heres the link to the show

http://www.marthastewart.com/show/the-martha-stewart-show/the-cupcake-show-season-four?lnc=4ef2dc5bfca40110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=showarchive_tv_show-archive

if that doesn;t work it aired on June 2nd, called the cupcake show.
BTW, i think all the recipes in her new cupcake book are online on her site, just bought the book and the site has alot of the same pictures and recipes.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:18am
post #9 of 16

I have 50 of these things. I ordered them from King Arthur Flour.

Honestly, I do not like them..The width of the cupcake pan is too wide, and these liners are too tall but wide at the top. Those folds tend to separate when you fill them up with the batter.. Unless you can find a pan where they fit snug inside.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:48am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

heres the link to the show

http://www.marthastewart.com/show/the-martha-stewart-show/the-cupcake-show-season-four?lnc=4ef2dc5bfca40110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=showarchive_tv_show-archive

if that doesn;t work it aired on June 2nd, called the cupcake show.
BTW, i think all the recipes in her new cupcake book are online on her site, just bought the book and the site has alot of the same pictures and recipes.

thanks! That lady Marlo Scott is so cute and adorable icon_smile.gif I really enjoyed watching her.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks Everyone for your responses...I think I will bake first and use them as a sleeve since I end up getting batter everywhere...

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:48pm
post #12 of 16

kiddiekakes, may I ask where you ordered those wrappers from? I like that they're a different color. TIA!

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:54pm
post #13 of 16

I found these wrappers at Golda's kitchen here in Canada...She was the only place that had the brown..a few other online sites here in Canada had the white ones but I wanted brown.

here is her site with the spaces taken out so CC won't edit it!

W W W . G O L D A S K I T C H E N . C O M

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:50pm
post #14 of 16

Those will look really pretty with sunflower cupcakes in them!

EraCare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EraCare Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:53am
post #15 of 16

You bake in the liner. =-D

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:47am
post #16 of 16

Eracare....No you bake in a cupcake liner first..these are just a wrap from what I understand...There are some you can actually bake in but I just dropped the cucpake in after I baked it.They came out really nice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%