I Wanna Know...what's Your Favorite Flavor Combo??

Decorating By cdent Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 6:14am by glendaleAZ

cdent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdent Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:05am
post #1 of 19

Hey guys,

I would love to get some new ideas on flavor combinations for cake & fillings! Can you give me some of your favorite preferences?

Thanks!!

18 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 8:03am
post #2 of 19

chocolate cake with nutella filling thumbs_up.gif

Michellet62260 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellet62260 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 8:31am
post #3 of 19

I would have to say my favorite flavor combination is: Chocolate fudge cake with chocolate whip topping filling and frosting, covered in poured chocolate ganache and decorated with chocolate fudge frosting!
I know this sounds sickening sweet, but it really isn't! The chocolate whip topping lightens it up enough to make it tolerable. I have to make one like this at work a lot and it is a big hit. Made a couple at home for friends and the people who said they hate frosting on cakes just loved this combination! (See attached photo )
LL

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:03pm
post #4 of 19

Mine is lemon & raspberry (or blueberry).
Chocolate with peanut butter.
Vanilla with strawberry creme.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 19

I recently made a chocolate cake with orange filling, and it was pretty good!

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 19

I've been doing a white chocolate hazlenut cake with carmel filling that is really good.
I also like chocolate cake with a turtle filling (mock chocolate cheesecake filling with carmel and pecans)
Another is banana cake with strawberry buttercream filling

jocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 19

Chocolate with whipped cream and crushed oreos

Chocolate with whip cream and cherry pie filling (even better if choc cake has a few tbsps of kirsch spread over it)

Chocolate with a coffee and baileys filling - whipped cream, some vanilla pudding to stabilise, a few tbsp of baileys and 1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water (nescafe tasters choice)

jocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #8 of 19

Chocolate with whipped cream and crushed oreos

Chocolate with whip cream and cherry pie filling (even better if choc cake has a few tbsps of kirsch spread over it)

Chocolate with a coffee and baileys filling - whipped cream, some vanilla pudding to stabilise, a few tbsp of baileys and 1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water (nescafe tasters choice)

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #9 of 19

OK, so...

I just tried this amazing cake and want to replicate some version of it at home...

scratch yellow cake with layers of vanilla Swiss MBC (i think)
dark chocolate crumbs
mini chocolate chips and...
passion fruit curd.... OMG!!! icon_eek.gif

I wasn't sure about it when I was purchasing it but LM tell u! Honey! It was heaven in my mouth...

I love the way the bright acidity of the passion fruit cut threw the deep chocolate. Yellow cake and smooth SMBC just knocked it out of the park!

masterchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masterchef Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm
post #10 of 19

icon_smile.gif try making a buttercream frosting with just enough peanut butter to give it a taste and a little color...another thought is to use marshmellow fluff that comes in a jar, scoop it out (u might have to nuke it for a few seconds), add a tad of cream of tarter, 2 egg whites and whip it a few minutes. it turns out exceptionally glossy and after you cover the cake you might want to sprinkle the top with coconut....i used to make ice cream cakes...many different combos....1 layer of chocolate cake, 1 layer of peanut butter and apricot preserves, the next layer butter pecan ice cream, and repeat the process till you're satisfied....chef louise

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 19

Banana w/ chocolate ganache
vanilla w/ cherry
lemon w/ raspberry

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #12 of 19

Banana w/ chocolate ganache
vanilla w/ cherry
lemon w/ raspberry

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #13 of 19

Masterchef...

In your description is one layer pb of cake or bc? Thanks, sounds delicious!

sarahcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcupcake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:44am
post #14 of 19

French vanilla cake with chocolate filling and covered in french vanilla buttercreme.....it is the most amazing thing ever......

sarahcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcupcake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:46am
post #15 of 19

French vanilla cake with chocolate filling and covered in french vanilla buttercreme.....it is the most amazing thing ever......

Tamz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamz Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #16 of 19

Top two: almond cake and buttercream with a raspberry filling OR coconut cake and buttercream with a lemon curd filling.

Tamz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamz Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:54am
post #17 of 19

Top two: almond cake and buttercream with a raspberry filling OR coconut cake and buttercream with a lemon curd filling.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 2:54am
post #18 of 19

Lemon cake w/ Raspberry filling & french vanilla Buttercream...

Coconut pineapple cake with key Lime filling and coconut pineapple Buttercream....

I am not much of a chocolate person and these are especially great for summer..

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:14am
post #19 of 19

In this tread they talk about flavor combo that are their favorite. It's about WASC cake, but I think you will enjoy all the different flavors they've put together, even if you don't use a WASC cake recipe.

This is the link to the thread
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

And this is a link to the google doc that has the recipes of all the cakes, fillings, and frosting they've come up with. You can also find this link under Macsmom's signature line.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%