Help.....i'm Going Crazy!

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm by panchanewjersey

panchanewjersey Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 10

I need to get this stupid gumpaste fuschia! That's it, not mauve, purple, pink/orange........just fuschia. I am going cuukies here. I have used eletric purple, electric pink, rose pink and have finished and added and I get crappy colors not fuschia. I've searched google and all I end up with magenta dust stuff. Can anyone for the love of Pete help me? I would love you till the end and be so grateful, just help me. I've already gone through 2 lbs of gumpaste. Pleeeeeeeeaaaase! icon_cry.gif

9 replies
TamiAZ Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 10

You made need to buy a few colors of dust and mix them to get the color you want. I had to do a wedding cake with some wild colors and I ended up having to experiment until I got the color I needed.

panchanewjersey Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 10

I've never used powdered coloring for gumpaste. Is it the same as petal/luster dust? Is that what you mean? I am losing it and have to make some flowers this week if I can't find it I'm just going to have to buy silk flowers......booooohoooo.

CakeMommy3 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #4 of 10
Misdawn Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 10

I mixed Wilton Rose color and just a TINY bit of Wilton Violet. I actually made my fondant with the Rose, then I took about two or three tablespoons of Crisco and mixed a little Violet into it. Then I used that colored Crisco to rub all over my hands as I kneaded the fondant. It added just enough purple, plus I could add as much or as little as necessary without changing the color of the fondant too much. It turned out to be a great technique for me.

KathysCC Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:02am
post #6 of 10

I had to make fuschia just a couple of weeks ago and also was frustrated with it. If I had to do it again, I would start with a very light purple and then add hot pink or rose to it. Try adding color to small pieces of gumpaste until you get the color you want. Also, have something next to you that is the color you want. You start to go googly-eyed after a while and can't tell what color you have created so you need a comparison to keep going back to.

icer101 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:08am
post #7 of 10

you may not have time now.. but americolor has fushia.. in the future. hth

Lisaa1996 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #8 of 10

I have to agree with Misdawn...I used Wilton's Rose with a tiny tiny bit of violet and got the fuschia I needed icon_smile.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:11am
post #9 of 10

okay....the best way to get a color is to use a color circle(you can google image search "color wheel") so if you want brown add purple and green together. Going across the wheel will help you figure out what colors added will give you what you want(think peace sign)

panchanewjersey Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 10

Guys, thanks a million for your responses. Yesterday I was so upset and my hands are still red/pink of all the coloring. I went to Michael's to see if I should just buy the fuschia lillies but the color didn't convince me and each flower was 9.99. Ok add that up this cake is huge it serves 350 people. So all I needed was fuschia to make the lillies myself....yeah I know, but I have to start somewhere. Since it's not a paid cake, my husband asked me for this favor for one of his god daughters......and I gave him a list of things I was and wasn't even going to use, to have stuff I knew I was going to need in the future. lol I know but hey, I figured take advantage of the man, right since it's a real BIG favor. Well sorry for all of that but I will go down to the cake store in the next town and find Americolor Fuschia.

Quote by @%username% on %date%