My First Wedding Cake

Business By steph_78 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 11:06am by steph_78

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #1 of 10

Well, my shop is officially open now. Well, I am actually sharing a shop for now with someone but if things keep going the way they have been, I will have to get my own shop soon, lol. Anyways, here is my first wedding cake. The bride and groom wanted something very simple. The only problen is I cannot get my fondant to go very smooth. If you look close on the left side, you can see the ripples or bubbles whatever it is.
LL

9 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #2 of 10

Looks beautiful! Congrats on the new business

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 10

first off congrats,not bad for a first.
my first didnt go very smoothly. I had to get really creative to hide some serious fondant issues.

the picture is a little hard to see, i dont know if my eyes are playing tricks but is the cake undrneath uniform or is the cake underneath alittle bumpy? It might just be the picture but it lookes like the cake underneath has bumps sticking out, or is that fondant that is doing that? or my crooked eyes doing that?

do you use fondant smoothers?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 10

Beautiful cake! Great job! Congrats!

Pily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pily Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 10

Looks beautiful!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 10

Great job! I will be doing my first wedding cake next year but I want to make one now and have one for my portoflio.

Congrats on your cake and shop!!!

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 10

Congrats! Love the design!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 10

Get yourself a pair (yes two) of good fondant smoothers. When you smooth with one in each hand, it really helps to force those air bubbles out. When you can't smooth them out, take a pin, and prick the very edge of the bubble, on a sideways angle. Smooth from the other side of the bubble, towards the hole. It will come right out. icon_smile.gif

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #9 of 10

Very nice! Congratulations!

steph_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph_78 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 11:06am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

i dont know if my eyes are playing tricks but is the cake undrneath uniform or is the cake underneath alittle bumpy? It might just be the picture but it lookes like the cake underneath has bumps sticking out, or is that fondant that is doing that? or my crooked eyes doing that?

First, thank-you everyone for the positive comments. Carriebear, yes, those are the bumps I was referring to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%