Bridal Shows - Are They Worth It?

Business By Cakeandcupcakes Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 2:30am by CAKESHERWAY

Cakeandcupcakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 5

I'm thinking about doing a bridal show in August but I'm just not sure if I would get a good return on my investment. It's a huge show at a stadium near me and it'll probably cost me $600-700 with booth rental and displays. Has anyone done one? And are they worth it?

4 replies
leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 5

I do a lot of wedding shows, although I cut back this year. In my town that would be an extremely expensive show, but I know in places like Dallas and Atlanta, shows can cost upwards of $1K.

Just be aware that summer shows are much more sparsely attended. Januatry shows are where you want to be.

leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:43am
post #3 of 5

Oh and yes they are worth it. Not just for meeting brides, though. The best thing about a show is taking some samples and biz cards around to the other vendors.

Cakeandcupcakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much for the insight. I'm in Detroit so I'm not surprised by the cost. I was debating between the August and January show so the settles that, January it is. Thanks again!

CAKESHERWAY Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #5 of 5

That's totally worth it since even if you only booked one bride, you would most likely break even or profit! That's the only advertising I use and yes it's worth every penny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%