My Cake Boxes Never Fit!!!

Decorating By tarajimenez Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 8:44am by Cathy26

tarajimenez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarajimenez Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 7

ok everyone i am new to this still but i have been doing cakes left and rite lately and im finding that my 12 square cakes are most popular... the problem is then never fit in the 12 in cake boxes!!!! i really hate triming my cakes exspecaily to fit in a box! i trimmed the last one and it still didnt fit and the decorating around the base takes a beating.... help me out here please i have 3 for this Sat!!!! im stressing as it is with 3 for sat nevermind the box issues!!!!

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 7

Hi there, I always buy boards & boxes, 3" more than the cake. That is, if the cake is 10", I buy a 13" cake board and the board. Keep the cake centraly on the board and I glue a ribbon arounf the cake board. icon_smile.gif

So, in your case, if the cake is 12", buy a board & a box which is 15" or 14".

HTH. icon_smile.gif

cakesbyshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyshell Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 7

I agree, I always put my cakes on a board with at least 2" extra and so if I had a 12" cake, I'd put it on a 14" board and use a 14" box. HTH

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 7

I do the same. At least 2".

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #5 of 7

Yep, me too with the bigger boards and boxes. In fact, at Hobby Lobby there's a chart to help decide what size box to use. It says 10" is best for 8" cakes and so on. It works well for me!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:30am
post #6 of 7

Ditto on the bigger boxes AND I use a cut piece of that non-slip cabinet liner material underneath just to be sure the cake won't slide around in the bigger box. You can find it at any 99 cent store.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 8:44am
post #7 of 7

me too, my biggest cakes are 10 inches so i put them on either an 11 or 12 inch board in a 12 inch box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%