Preserving A Photo Cookie

Baking By Sweetriley Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm by RAGDOLLCATS

Sweetriley Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

I recently did cookie favors for a bridal shower with a black and white photo of the bride and groom. The bride called today and wanted to know if there is a way she can preserve the cookie to save or hang on her Christmas tree. (she loved the cookies)I've never heard of that so I thought all of you experts might have an idea. I used a basic sugar cookie recipe and royal icing. Any help would be appreciated!

4 replies
bonniebakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 5

I've used a spray shellac on RI decorated cookies to preserve them, but I've never tried it on a photo cookie.....

She may be better off sealing it inside something... like a glass case or sealed in plastic or something.

pattycakesnj Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 5

I think if she just leaves it out to air dry for a few weeks, it should dry out and turn into a rock like cookie

linedancer Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 5

The cookie and icing will be OK, but if the pic is an edible image, it will fade over time. It might last til Christmas if she wraps it up and stores it in a dark place. I usually keep one of each of my cookies, and the edible image ones always fade, even keeping them in the dark. HTH

RAGDOLLCATS Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #5 of 5

I have had one of my grand-kids for over 5 years in my china hutch and it's just as good as the day we got it.It's a color photo too!
I would think you could coat with a mixture of elmers glue also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%