What Should I Do?

Decorating By lamariposa Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 12:44am by txnonnie

lamariposa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lamariposa Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 3

My cousin is getting married in Florida in August and I am in charge of the cake. I have trying to figure out how to transport the cakes from North Carolina. I was wondering about wrapping them nice and tight and then freezing them. I told him to defrost overnight Thursday/Friday. Can they be frozen already covered in buttercream.

He will be driving down on Thursday and I will be flying in on Friday. The drive is about 9 hours long. I will do all the decorating on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 replies
rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 3

When I did my brother's cake, I had to drive it about 4 hours away (not quite the same as 9 hours but long none the less) Anyhow, I had each tier boxed and the box wrapped in plastic ready to go (except flowers) and they traveled fine. I didn't freeze them but I don't see any harm in it. You can freeze buttercream, just box it and plastic wrap the box...not the actual cake. Anyhow, it transported fine and I just stacked and added the flowers there.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #3 of 3

I have traveled a couple of hours with cake. Put them in cooler boxes, the kind vendors ship perishable products in, and put a small piece of dry ice to keep cool. Worked just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%