How Would You? X2

Decorating By ivgotahalo Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm by susanscakecreations

ivgotahalo Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 14

I'm making the cake below next week. I first need to know if you would cut down the three teirs so it's a great big cone or would you put the "petals" on the teirs as is? Does that make sense?

and...

About how much fondant do you think I should get? I'm planning on ordering fondant online and I'm thinking on getting a 20 lb bucket. Is that going to be enough!??! I have NO clue. I'm not anywhere near a place where I can just go get some if I run out.
LL

13 replies
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 14

20 lbs. will be more then enough.

ivgotahalo Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 14

YEAH!!! I just ordered it from Global Sugar Art. I was really worried it wouldn't be enough. Now I just have to pray it gets here in time!

CookieMeister Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 14

I love that cake! Gorgeous!

1234me Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 14

In regards to your cone question, it looks to me that they are lined up like regular tiers. If you notice, there is some space between some of the layers.

cylstrial Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 14

I think they are just regular round tiers as well. And then the fondant (or white chocolate wrap) is petaled around the cake.

It's a beautiful cake! Can't wait to see what yours looks like.

P.S. Global Sugar is very fast. If I place my order on Monday, it's normally here by Wednesday. Granted, I don't know where you live...but they will send you a tracking number that you can check as well. =o) Good luck!

Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 14

CakeMeister, I can't get over your Siberian husky. I'd date it if I can. It's so cute.

mariela_ms Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 14

I think those are separate cake layers. And 20 lbs is more than enough! You'll have left over icon_wink.gif! Which is always good !icon_biggrin.gif

CakeMeister & RylanTy-Yup...that husky is adorable! My sister & BIL have a male and female one. THey just had puppies for the 3rd time, they are adorable! I love the brown ones with blue eyes!

ivgotahalo Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you so much for all of your help. I can't tell you how much all of your advice means to me. I told my husband I was going to post these questions and he said that no one would answer them because "who would want to share trade secrets with another person." I told him he was wrong that you guys are the best and always willing to help anyone with their questions. You guys ROCK!!! Thanks so much.

Tee-Y Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm
post #10 of 14

Lovely cake!! Another thing is to make your tiers close in size like an inch or two difference e.g 8,9,10,11,12inches or 8,10,12,14 inches .

Franluvsfrosting Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 14

That's a beautiful cake! I can't wait to see your rendition! icon_smile.gif

susanscakecreations Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:49pm
post #12 of 14

GORGEOUS cake! Please be sure to post a pic!

And FYI......I'm in NC, and when I order from Global Sugar Art, it is usually here in 2 days!!!!!! super service!!!!

Good luck!

ivgotahalo Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:15am
post #13 of 14

I'm in PA. So i guess it'll be here in plenty of time. Is this timing for the 2-10 shipping? I paid the $20+ in shipping... Kicking my self b/c that could have been a new toy. Oh well, serves me right for waiting! Thanks again everyone.

susanscakecreations Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #14 of 14

I don't pay any extra for shipping; just the regular shipping charges.......and it's always arrived in 2 days.......HTH!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%