Bride's Request, Not Sure How To Answer!

Business By ravnmommy Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 10:00pm by MamaMayhem

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:32am
post #121 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

To the OP, I would make copies of all receipts, all water, trash, electric, gas bills, all gas receipts from that week of working on the cake and delivering, and any copies of bilss, receipts otherwise necessary when making a cake. I would also use Excel to create a 'timesheet' of the hours you worked and include a total amount at the bottom of said timesheet (this alone should be about $400.) Then present all information to the bride just to let her know exactly what kind of deal she got.

But then, I'm a smarta$$ like that!

What she said!

ravnmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ravnmommy Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #122 of 126

I know it took me awhile to respond, I've been extremely busy! However, I decided not to say anything to the bride considering it's not in the contract. If she says something upon final payment then I will tell her about my costs, buying in bulk etc. My husband also suggested telling her that all of my receipts are given to our accountant.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #123 of 126

Tell your hubby that's a good one!

Christen99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christen99 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 11:54pm
post #124 of 126

Ask if you can see her paystub, tax return, and monthly bills just to make sure she is paying a fair wage. Surely if she has more disposable income than most she should pay a "fair" price.

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #125 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen99

Ask if you can see her paystub, tax return, and monthly bills just to make sure she is paying a fair wage. Surely if she has more disposable income than most she should pay a "fair" price.

I love that one, yes I want to see her paystubs too.

MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 10:00pm
post #126 of 126

Maybe she caved and is afraid to tel y'all icon_smile.gif KIDDING!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%