How Long Will It Last??

Decorating By ikklejo Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 10:43am by Rylan

ikklejo Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 7

Hiya Iam decorating a fondant cake and have 250g packs of colours that I need for flowers on the cake but nned to open a few of them but wont use it all, How do I store the fondant after opening to ensure its ok to use again and how long will it last like this??

Anyone can let me know?

Thanks alot guys icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 7

Put it in a resealable plastic bag (ziploc) and put it in a sealed container.

GayeG Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 7

Just wrap in in plastic wrap (I usually coat it first with a small amt of crisco) then in a air tight bag - and pop it into the freezer - it will keep for months! Just defrost on your counter - still wrapped - for a few hours ..

ikklejo Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 7

Brill I knew there must be a way thanks!

PennySue Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 7

Reynolds Wrap makes a vacuum sealer for about $10. The bags are re-sealable so you can use them over and over. It works great and really saves the fondant, gumpaste or whatever you want.

GayeG Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7

Penny Sue - I didnt know this!! And am so excited about it! It sounds perfect for keep it air-tight!!! Is it in the housewares part of the store or with the wraps?? Where ever it is - I'll find it! Thanx for sharing that!!

ikklejo ~ your welcome!! =}

Rylan Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:43am
post #7 of 7

GayeG, it's usually found where the ziploc bags are. I have one and sometimes it doesn't suck the air out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%