Let Us Get To Know Each Other -- Game

Lounge By Rylan Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm by cmp24

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 8:09pm
post #211 of 351

Thank you VERY much cakeaddiction!!!! It's something that I'm proud I was able to make it through. It was a tough time during treatment, but it's pretty good now!!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:40am
post #212 of 351

Q: Do you ever watch your kids' cartoons... even when they're not in the room?

A: I don't have kids and I'm not a huge fan of cartoons.

Q: Would you sacrifice being paralized (forever laying in bed with only eyes moving) to save the one you love the most?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #213 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Q: Coffee or tea?

A: Must be tea! Even tho I love the smell of coffee brewing I cannot stand the taste icon_sad.gif

Q: Have you ever 'let' the disposal 'eat' one of your tips? (Why am I asking this? I just chewed up one of mine) LOL

OK this question got lost in the mix-up.......

A: No, but I can only imagine the racket that must have made!

Q: If you could own a vacation home anyplace in the world where would it be and what would the setting be? i.e. beach, mountain etc.....

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #214 of 351

Q: If you could own a vacation home anyplace in the world where would it be and what would the setting be? i.e. beach, mountain etc.....

A: England, in the countryside, but close to London.

Q: Who, either in past history or modern times would you LOVE to sit down and have a great conversation with?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:59pm
post #215 of 351

Q: Who, either in past history or modern times would you LOVE to sit down and have a great conversation with?

A: ooohhhhh my there are soooo many but one would be Norman Wilton. Another would be either of my grandfathers. I never knew them.

Q: On average how many hours of t.v. do you watch per day?

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 10:10pm
post #216 of 351

Q. On Average how many hours of tv do you watch per day?

Answer: Hours of television would be 0, I don't have cable and don't bother to watch the one local channel I do get. However the hubby-to-be and I do watch an hour or so of different TV series we own on dvd.

Question: What was your favorite television show as a child and why?

Deb_ Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm
post #217 of 351

A: Bewitched........I thought it would be so cool to be able to snap yourself from one place to another, and to have "powers".

Q: Where did you go on your last vacation and would you recommend it?

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:02pm
post #218 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

A: Bewitched........I thought it would be so cool to be able to snap yourself from one place to another, and to have "powers".

Q: Where did you go on your last vacation and would you recommend it?

My last mini vacation (I haven't been on a *real* vacation since long before my daughter was born) was to the Gorge Amphitheater in George, Washington, where I saw The Dead, The Allman Brothers, and The Doobie brothers with my boyfriend in May. I would absolutely recommend it, it is an amazingly beautiful location.

Q.
Besides cake stuff, do you collect anything? Dolls, stamps, Fiestaware...??

kakeladi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:32pm
post #219 of 351

Q: Besides cake stuff, do you collect anything? Dolls, stamps, Fiestaware...??

A: I have a small collection of ceramic mice and blown glass figures.

Q: Do you knit or crochet?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:19pm
post #220 of 351

I can't do either. My great grandmas and my grandma all tried to teach me to crochet when I was a kid but I just can't get it. I sew, embroider and taught myself to do a couple different kinds of beadwork this year but I'm completely lost around yarn unless I'm tying it for regalia. It's pathetic because one of my great grandmas is still alive, blind, but she can still crochet a little.

What color are the walls in your living room?

kakeladi Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:44pm
post #221 of 351

I can't do either. My great grandmas and my grandma all tried to teach me to crochet when I was a kid but I just can't get it......... It's pathetic because one of my great grandmas is still alive, blind, but she can still crochet a little.......

You are not aloneicon_sad.gif I also could not catch on to either despite many different people trying to teach me over the yrs.

What color are the walls in your living room?

Off white. I am NOT into interior decorating so my place is boring! icon_smile.gif

Q: how many bedrooms do you have in your home?

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 2:55pm
post #222 of 351

Q how many bedrooms do you have in your home?

A Was 4, my DH made one into my closet. Gotta love him icon_wink.gif

How long have you been friends with your bestfriend?

Deb_ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:14pm
post #223 of 351

How long have you been friends with your bestfriend?

A: 30 yrs....it's my DH and I met him when I was 16

Q:How many states have you visited in the USA?

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:43pm
post #224 of 351

Q: How many states have you vistited in the US

A: 37. It's easier for me to count the ones I've not been in icon_smile.gif (Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, Montana, N and S Dakota, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, ) When my children were little, I was a stay at home mom and homeschooled and my hubby was self employed so we took a 5 week vacation and drove around the US to visit family for a reunion, a wedding, a funeral, and those we hadn't seen in a while. Plus the kids got tons of history, geography, math and life experience.

Q: what would you do with your 15 minutes of fame?

PS-dkelly you coming to cake camp in Vegas? We should meet up somewhere and watch a Sox game!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:59pm
post #225 of 351

15 minutes of fame - I'd help preach the Word of Lord and try to help ppl. understand that you don't have to be all religious fanatical to accept that TRUE love, peace and happiness stems from having faith in God and trusting in him.

What would you want your 15 minutes of fame be because?

Deb_ Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:12pm
post #226 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox-n-Pats

PS-dkelly you coming to cake camp in Vegas? We should meet up somewhere and watch a Sox game!!

Oh I wish I were going to Vegas! By your screen name I thought you were living in New England.....are you a transplant to Vegas? Lately the Sox have been playing "poopy" icon_lol.gif Hopefully they'll get back on track!

Wow, that's awesome that you've traveled to 37 states.....It's our goal to visit every state before we're too old to travel, I've got a ways to go though......I've been to 24.

Sorry everyone...........back on topic!

Sox-n-Pats Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:30pm
post #227 of 351

A: I'd want my 15 minutes of fame to help ease world tensions (already been a kid of a diplomat and already had 10 minutes of fame for a sad reason- would be nice to put the two together)

DKelly- Yup- New England transplant (via Florida, Switzerland and New Hampshire)- born in westfield, lived in Southie icon_smile.gif, Andover, Amherst, East Longmeadow, and Springfield. Have family in Agawam, Ludlow and elsewhere still. Went to Franklin Pierce University in New Hampshire. My Aunt lived around the corner from Fenway when I was growing up (just down the street from the Citgo station in the Brownstone buildings and she worked for the Boston sports radio selling ad time We'd get tickets whenever she could get them)

Ok- back to the regularly scheduled program

Q: what is one thing you would add to your "Bucket list" and why?

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:08am
post #228 of 351
Quote:

Q: what is one thing you would add to your "Bucket list" and why?

My husband is in S. Korea right now (Air Force) and I made a Bucket List of 100 things i wanted to do before he got home. Its mostly small goals (get to a size 4, run a 5k, get something published) I chose them mostly because I know I'll never cure cancer. I'll never be the one who achieves world peace. All I am capable of is bettering myself, so I set 100 perfectly attainable goals to help pass the time.

What part of cake decorating do you absolutely HATE?

Maranda_V Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maranda_V Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:51am
post #229 of 351

I hate cleaning up afterwards. No dishwasher so I have to clean tips, couplers and featherweights by hand. Ick!

Q: How long have you been decorating?

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:23pm
post #230 of 351

Oh can I join in too? I love this thread.

A: A bit over three months.

Q: What is your favourite craft?

kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:21pm
post #231 of 351

Adding my 2 cents to this ?icon_smile.gif I started in 1980 when my oldest DD gave us 6 wks to the day to plan her wedding. I did NOT decorate then but ended up making her a 4 tier cake w/satellites covered in 'scrollies' (cornelli lace) and fresh violets. 3 days later I was asked to help w/another small wedding cake; 3 weeks after that I was asked to *just bake* a wedding cake that I ended up decorating also.

Q: What is your favourite craft?

A: You mean there is something else there besides cake decorating??

Next Q: (I'm totally stealing this ? from a previous post back on pg 2 LOL)
If you could choose one place in the world to be right now, where would you go? (All expenses paid!)

DefyGravity Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #232 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Next Q: (I'm totally stealing this ? from a previous post back on pg 2 LOL)
If you could choose one place in the world to be right now, where would you go? (All expenses paid!)

South Korea. I'm going there at the end of next month to visit my husband, but heck, if you're paying, I'll go now!!

What is the first movie you ever saw in the theatre?

ccr03 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 6:57pm
post #233 of 351

Follow that Bird!!! (Totally giving away my age! :LOLicon_smile.gif

Who is on your top five list? (Top five - celebrities you would 'do laundry with' w/o any reprecussions icon_wink.gif

Deb_ Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 9:35pm
post #234 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen80

Oh can I join in too? I love this thread.

Sorry to interrupt the game but I just had to comment on your answer.......3 MONTHS........that's all! icon_eek.gif You're cakes are PERFECT!! Wow, I can't wait to see your work after 3 years.

You're a natural! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #235 of 351

Thank you so much dkelly......but I've had some very experienced and exclusive teachers. icon_lol.gif
Lorraine, Edna and Mayen's videos on Youtube and everyone here on CC. thumbs_up.gif

Q: Who is on your top five list? (Top five celebrities you would do laundry with w/o any repercussions)
A: Sorry, even without repercussions I still couldn't do it. Bit of a stick really aren't I? Although I didn't mind Val Kilmer in his prime.

Q: What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #236 of 351

Q: What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

A: rattlesnake!

Q: Where did you go on your vacation?

Sox-n-Pats Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #237 of 351

A: Spring break we went to Aneheim for a Red Sox /Angels game (Sox won).
In August we are going to the Czech Republic for a week.

Q: What is you favorite movie quote?

DefyGravity Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 3:31am
post #238 of 351
Quote:

A: Spring break we went to Aneheim for a Red Sox /Angels game (Sox won).
In August we are going to the Czech Republic for a week.

Q: What is you favorite movie quote?

" I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. "- When Harry Met Sally.

What kind of cellphone do you have?

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:40am
post #239 of 351

Q: What kind of cellphone do you have?

A: I have a T-mobile t453 your basic flip phone with cam. I am adding a line thought for my son and he is getting my phone and I'll be getting the T-mobile Memoir...........8 mega pixel zoom, flash camera touch screen phone

A. If you could have anyone over for dinner.........who would it be and why and what would you serve?

( trying something new here )

My answer: George Strait.....i've been a fan for years. Met him in Vegas right after his daughter passed away. I would want to know how life is like on the road away from your family, and friends....and how hard they truly have it to be away from them for so long.

I would serve BBQ ribs, brisket, potato salad, and rolls.

ccr03 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 1:49pm
post #240 of 351

OMG cmp24! I was thinking thinking the same thing! Answering your own question.

Q: If you could have anyone over for dinner.........who would it be and why and what would you serve?
Foregoing all the obvious (deceased family and such), Bill Gates. I absolutely love him. What he has accomplished, his intelligence, and what he has done with the fruits of his labors are wonderful things I admire so much.

I think I would serve blueberry citrus cake (my new favorite icon_smile.gif, and if the rumors of him being a vegetarian are true then this spinach wrap thing I do for my bro. If the rumors are false, then probably a good ol' fashioned Mexican meal.

Q: If you could go back to school right now - all paid - what would you study?

ME: I'd get my Master's in Communication, but also take some business courses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%