Non-Traditional 5 Tiered Wedding Cake, How To Travel...?

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm by Carlymoon

BakeLoveMom Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 9

I attatched a picture of the layout of a wedding cake I am doing this weekend. The only thing the bride liked about it was the way it was stacked. The bride wants it to be a tan sand castle. I am doing 14" on the bottom, 12" with the stairs cut out, then the 8" and 4" on top of the 12" and a 6"in on top of the 8". I am just trying to figure out the best way to transport. Normally I use SPS, but this cake is stacked so weird. It will be BC with vanilla wafer and pecan sandies as the sand. Should I travel with the whole thing assembled??? I'd rather not. Or just the bottom two assmbled then add the rest at the sight? I am just sorta stuck. I will already be adding all the shells at the sight, I made white chocolate ones and dusted them with super pearl...any thoughts????

Thanks so much,

8 replies
pattigunter Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 9

Any way to just assemble it after you get there? It sounds like it would save you a lot of worry on the way.

Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 9

Do whatever you are comfortable with. You will get different answers with this one.

aligotmatt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 9

I agree that you have to do what you are comfortable with, within the confines of your setup time and space available to you.

Do you know the venue? Will you be able to spend time there working and finishing the cake?

Carlymoon Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 9

I had a disater assembing mine and driving it stacked last weekend. I think this was because the drive was over 2hours. I will never drive a stacked cake this far again. I will assemble on site or not take a job that's far away. Hope this helps!

BakeLoveMom Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 9

Sorry guys here it is...I was busy arguing with my mortgage company.

laneysmom Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 9

Wow! That's beautiful!! Good luck with the transport however you decide to do it.

BakeLoveMom Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks, the brode didn't like any of the toole, the coblestone, or the color, it was a picture she brought me...I asked her why she picked that photo if she didn't like all that and she said she like the placement of the cakes. I haven't ever been to that venue before and I'm not sure how much time I will have. I know I have to arrange the shells and a few exotic flowers she wants on there, and I have to put the topper on. I usually travel fully assembled, but only for fondant cakes...this one will be bc covered in "sand". I am still torn between, leaving it bc or covering it in fondant and then appying the sand to that...although I am not sure how. Thanks guys.

Carlymoon Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #9 of 9

looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%