Paintballing, Warhammer, Star Trek, Electrician Cake!?!!!!?

Decorating By superdobbers Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 4:16am by cheatize

superdobbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superdobbers Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:20am
post #1 of 7

Hi

I've had a request (I'm not a professional) for a cake for a 40th birthday. The request-er gave the birthday boy's interests as "Paintballing, Warhammer & Star trek. Oh, and he's an electrician". I'm hoping that she doesn't want ALL those things on a cake! I've emailed back to clarify if one of those themes is ok but in the meantime I can't even think of a nice cake for one of those!

It's ideally going to be tiered as it's for a party. I'm not great at 3D carved cakes so I'm steering clear of any cake versions of the starship enterprise!!!

I'm not good with "boy" cakes! I can't find a way for Sci-fi and war simulation to look pretty!! anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
xx

6 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:38am
post #2 of 7

Well, hopefully she'll get back to you and she doesnt want all the interests. A boy cake isnt going to be pretty but it can be cool. There are a bunch of really cool not carved star tek cakes, just type star trek in the search box. If you are doing different teirs you could do some of the diff. interests on each one, try to keep a color theme, you could make little fondant accessories from each theme and decotae around the borders. I bet if you go through the galleries you'll be inspired.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 7

Well, I thought of a paintballer in a Star Trek uniform with electric cords dangling from a rear pocket... but am looking at the Warhammer stuff. Yuck!

Will give it more thought for you.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

The blind leading the blind here.
Found this Warhammer logo. Apparently, the hammer (a fancy gold battle axe) is the most important thing.
http://warhammer.lt/gallery/1_29_08_08_10_03_04.jpg
--
A star trek character (red shirt) with phaser, versus an electrician wielding electric cords like a lasso. Both covered with paintball splats.
Dodging around a giant warhammer. Laughing maniacally here. I hope this is getting ideas going anyway.
Here are some of the characters from Warhammer. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/images/gws_landing_hero.gif

superdobbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superdobbers Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you both for your help! Thanks for the links 7yyrt, sorry if this offends any warhammer fans out there but aesthetically, jees it's UGLY!

I had no idea what warhammer was before this cake so the link to the characters is very useful!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 7

I did a paintball cake for a boy's birthday - it's in my pix - might give you some inspiration.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:16am
post #7 of 7

How about just the Star Trek insignia? It's a simple design. It's almost a chevron shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%