Does Anyone Actually Have A Good Sugar Free Cake Recipe?????

Decorating By apetricek Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 2:31am by funcakes

apetricek Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:36am
post #1 of 2

Hi all I am in need of a good sugar free recipe. I would prefer a vanilla, but welcome chocolate recipes too. I found one on the splenda site but didn't really like the way the cupcakes came out. I have found a great SF icing, but no luck with the SF cake yet....any suggestions would be GREAT!!! Thanks!

1 reply
funcakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 2

I am sorry this will not be the help you are looking for. When my daughter became a diabetic I tried lots and lots of recipes and IMHO all of them were just awful. My sister tried a sugar free cake to be nice to my daughter when she was visiting. She ended up throwing it out in crumbs to the birds and we stood there laughing when even the birds wouldn't eat it.
I am wondering why you need a sugar free recipe. Most diabetics now stay away from cake, not just because of the sugar but because of the white flour, and the large amount of carbs. They all have to count carbs, keep them to a certain number and then adjust the insulin. Cake sugar free or not is not recommended for diabetics.
Sorry about this rambling post if you need sugar free cake for a different reason.

Quote by @%username% on %date%