Airbrush Spray

Decorating By splash2splat Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 1:22am by txnonnie

splash2splat Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:07am
post #1 of 8

I don't own an airbrush - but I remember someone mentioning a company that did spray for cakes in a can. (like wilton, but not wilton) I can't remember the name and really need it. Can anyone help please.

It was based out of West Haven, UT

Thanks

7 replies
macciacae Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:18am
post #2 of 8

I know that I was at Michaels arts and crafts today and I bought 2 cans of sprays and they are wilton. I haven't tried them yet, but I am excited to!!

ibmoser Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 8

Not sure about a Utah based company. Both PME and Lucks make spray luster products - maybe CK also, but not sure on that. I know I've seen the cans in larger supply stores but didn't pay too much attention icon_redface.gif .

Melchas Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 8

I've used the wilton's black spray in a can on a coffin cake I did, it was a disater. It never got black only a light gray and I ended up having to take off all the frosting and redo it. It also added condensation to the buttercream. It was a mess!

Godd Luck. Let me know if it works for you, maybe I did something wrong

[/quote]I know that I was at Michaels arts and crafts today and I bought 2 cans of sprays and they are wilton. I haven't tried them yet, but I am excited to!!

Caralinc Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 8

I know I have seen some at Slice of Heaven. (slice of heaven .com) HTH

katherinem Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 8

Yes do not buy Wilton in a can. I purchased the black as well and it came out barely gray - i took it back to michael's for a refund and noticed all the black at that time had been removed and there was no longer a price spot for it either - i guess i wasn't the only one to complain.

Caralinc Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 8

PME is on Slice of Heaven.

txnonnie Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 1:22am
post #8 of 8

I did a spiderman cake with the Wilton brand and it worked just fine. Can see it in my photos. Don't know of any other brand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%