Freezing A Fondant Cake

Decorating By kbw5780 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 1:00am by Kavingate

kbw5780 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 2

Help! I have had someone ask me to make them a cake for the 27th, however, I was busy and wasn't able to. Told her and she said, 'okay....can you do it on the 20th then??' I said sure, but then got to thinking about it and was thinking, 'i wonder if she is going to try and save this cake until the 27th'. Well, I asked, and yes she was going to do just that. Now, I am not a bakery and just do this for fun for my friends, and am a little uncomfortable making a cake 7 days in advance knowing that she is going to try and save it for the following weekend. She wants to know if she can freeze or refridegerate it??? well, I have no idea because I have never tried it. Please, any suggestions??? I really don't want to take a chance on the cake molding or something or the fondant getting all sticky if frozen and then thawed, so I have no idea what to tell her. Please help!!!

1 reply
Kavingate Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:00am
post #2 of 2

I successfully froze and thawed this (fully decorated) cake:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavingate/3286632989

I put it in a cake box, wrapped the box in saran wrap and then foil and froze it. The day before the party, my friend pulled it out of the freezer, and put it in the fridge. Then, she pulled it out of the fridge a couple of hours before the party. She said that it looked perfect and tasted great- nice and fresh.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%