Displaying Cookies....

Baking By sarah0418 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 3:40pm by KathyTW

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 15

So far, I have been boxing up my cookies orders in 10x10 cake boxes. I was wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to buy disposable, either plastic or paper, large platters. I just think the cookies look so much better if I can arrange them myself on a platter. they just don't make a very impressive presentation stacked on top of each other in a box. Plus, I have had a few customers comment that they hope they can arrange them nicely on a plate once they are home. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 15

Any party supply store has platters with matching lids. You might even find them in a restaurant supply store. Depends on what is available in your area. icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 15

You could also display them in a shallow basket and wrap it all up in cello with nice bow.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 15

i like the cello idea, thats how i did mine when i made gift baskets for friends at xmas, each cookie/biscuit etc was tied in its own little cello parcel with a bow and then placed in a basket, you can buy them from ebay for really inexpensive prices x

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 15

www.papermart.com or www.plasticcontainercity.com

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sarah0418 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 15

Thank youevery one for all your help!! I never thought of looking at a party store, so that is an excellent suggestion.
For the baskets, that is a GREAT idea for presenting gifts for family and friends.... icon_biggrin.gif

Playingwithsugar...that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks SO much!!

playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 15

You're welcome!

The plastic place also has a great price on clamshell containers for cupcakes.

Theresa.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 15

I get mine at the Dollar Tree, great "crystal-like" plastic in several sizes and only $1 icon_smile.gif

sarah0418 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 15

Thank you everyone....I'll have to check dollar tree too.

playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

I get mine at the Dollar Tree, great "crystal-like" plastic in several sizes and only $1 icon_smile.gif

Is this something new? I don't get to DT very often, but I've never seen them before. What section are they in at your store? I'll check the same section at my local stores.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KathyTW Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 15

Playingwithsugar: They're usually with the storage containers or in the vicinity. I've also found them on an end isle by the wedding stuff.

You can also order online http://www.dollartree.com do a search for "trays" and you'll see all the different ones that they have.

sarah0418 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:23pm
post #12 of 15

I just went to my Dollar Tree today. They have 16" clear plastic platters for $1. They are pretty nice. They also have a 2-pack of a 12" black plastic platter for $1. They were both in the wedding/party section.

playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks for posting the website - I didn't even know they had one!

I've never seen those trays at my local DT's. I'll have to check the really big one. It's farther away from me, so I rarely get there.

Thanks again!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

N2Cookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N2Cookies Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #14 of 15

By the way they also sell the large cello bags as well as cello wrapping paper at my dollar tree. I have one near where I live and I have bought there cute straw bags with flowers appliqued on them as well as their tin and ceramic flower pots, then place the entire batch in cello. I get very creative in there. Last week I purchased a mini laundry basket and two matching dish towels and placed the cookies (6 per cello clear treat bag) in bags with bows and made it look like a picnic basket. The idea came to me after walking down several aisles matching colors and items. It was so cute the lady that I baked them for brought it back to me so I could use it again. She thought the presentation was a novel idea. I said to myself "novel? right".

KathyTW Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:40pm
post #15 of 15

N2Cookies....I agree 100% - DollarTree is always my first stop when i'm looking for stuff. I'm amazed at some of the stuff that I can find. The closest one for me is about 45 minutes away so I don't get to go very often. My girls just roll their eyes at me when I "forget" to tell them that we're making a stop at DT, they'd much rather just be dropped off at the mall! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%