Why Are My Cookies Getting Soft?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm by dorie67

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone.

Last week i made a batch of my usual roll out cookie and Antonia's RI that i always use. I iced them and let them dry overnight in the usual place. By the time i was ready to decorate, they were falling apart from softness.

This has never happened to me and i did not change a thing from the recipe, icing, technique, or drying place.

The ones that stayed in the container (extra ones) were somewhat firmer but when i iced them with a base coat, the same thing happened while drying. Someone said it was probably the humidity but i've made these same cookies in all types of weather and it never ever happened.

Any advice would be great.

3 replies
Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 4

I don't really know so I doubt I'll be much help. One thing I would ask is have any of your ingredients changed? Not just that you've bought something different than usual but have they perhaps changed the item itself and you didn't know? (Like when Crisco went transfat free how it messed with people's buttercream recipes.) If you don't feel it's the humidity then you might explore that. Hope you find the answer.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 4

Nope, that's why i am baffled.
Nothing, not a thing has been changed.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 4

I was going to say that it may be the humidity but you said that the humidity hasn't been a problem so I would have to say chalk it up to a fluke it just seems to be one of those things. lol princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%