Need Cookie Idea For Adoption Of 7 Year Old Boy..

Baking By nickdrewnjaysmom Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 2:33am by N2Cookies

nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:33am
post #1 of 5

Hi..

My friend adopted 7 year old boy, and we are having a "shower" for her. I said I would make cookies, but I need ideas!! Anyone have any ideas on what would be a cute idea?

I could do sports themed, like baseball, football, and a star with his name in it..but was looking for more ideas..

TIA!!

JoAnn

4 replies
Ursula40 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:41am
post #2 of 5

You know, sports might be a good idea, but why don't you extrapolate a bit on it? Team sports= new team=family is a team, his very own one at that

nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

That is funny, I was thinking of doing shirts that say "Team XX" with their last name.

Thanks!

JoAnn

Ursula40 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

great minds think alike, grin. I think that's actually a great idea, because, what these kids need is not only a family but a team, that's pulling for and with them. I don't know, why this child needs to be adopted, but he certainly will need the security that his new family is behind him. Building a team is hard work and they will need to work on that, it's easier to explain to a boy via sports (well mostly, unless he is into books), but the idea behind a team is what family is all about, in fact there are programms for even not adopted kids all over the place to teach them that. Somehow that philosophy is falling behind nowadays, unfortunately. One for all and all for one,...musketeers, that's another theme you could use

N2Cookies Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:33am
post #5 of 5

Ok, you all are on to something here. Along the sports theme. how about a house cookie with the 'Clubhouse XX' (xx=family name) then whatever sport that you select you could personalize the equipment. Another cute idea would be a round cookie cutter and decorate like a record and write on it 'we are family'. Another cute idea what about a sailboat with the family name or something like 'Our Journey'. That's about all I have for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%