Wet Look To Decorations

Decorating By Maier Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 6:32am by Maier

Maier Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #1 of 5

Im sorry if this is already in here... thought Ive seen this before but cant find it. Maybe because Im tired and its late icon_eek.gif

I am doing some cupcakes from the HELLO CUPCAKE book.. I would like to know if there is anthing out there I can use to make something look "wet". I would prefer no taste, but will take what I can get icon_smile.gif

Also, Im having a hard time getting sprinkles to stick to jelly bellys... any ideas on this one

Thank you so so so much

4 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #2 of 5

Not sure what you mean by wet look. Guess I need to see an example. If you're talking about fondant, steam it with a handheld clothes steamer. Getting things to stick to a jelly belly can be achieved by brushing the jelly bean with piping gel first.

varika Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

You might try using piping gel or confectionar's glaze--those both make things look shiny, which is kind of like "wet."

Texas_Rose Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:29am
post #4 of 5

Confectioner's glaze will make things look wet, while drying enough not to be sticky. I've heard that large amounts of confectioner's glaze will make things taste bitter but I haven't eaten anything I've painted with it so I don't know for sure. I do know that it will dry with no odor, even though it has strong fumes while wet.

Maier Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:32am
post #5 of 5

Thank you again for all your help. I will take a shot at this confectioners glaze and see how I do!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%