Funny Cake Story!

Decorating By Homeschl2 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 2:29am by chefjess819

Homeschl2 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:11am
post #1 of 4

My parents were cartering a wedding and the bride wanted a groom's cake. I never met with them or anything, and she had a wedding cake already. So, with a few days I came up with a chocolate cake with butter cream, and ganache icing. I then decided to do some choc. covered strawberries, and tuxedo berries, ect. My husband took it over and set it up. He said as soon as the groom saw it he wanted some. Well, to make a long story short, the groom refus icon_lol.gif ed to let them cut the cake and said it was his, and he was taking it home! I have nevered heard of that before! It just was too funny. Oh, it was a 12inch double layer, at least 6inches tall.

3 replies
umgrzfn Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 4

That's a HUGE compliment. That's awesome

Ruth0209 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 4

That must have been a good cake! My husband does that with a lemon chiffon dessert I make. He actually takes it and hides the rest after everyone has had a slice so he can have all the rest later. Silly man...

chefjess819 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:29am
post #4 of 4

my fiance has a tendency to do that with EVERYTHING i bake...or if there is homefried chicken, i dont see it after it leaves the pan. lol. i take it as a huge compliment. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%