Multiple Bdays One Cake, What Is A Good Idea?

Decorating By madras650 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 1:07am by 7yyrt

madras650 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madras650 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 10

Celebrating 4 family bdays in one day. I want to make a cool cake. Any ideas?

9 replies
justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 10

what about doing a square cake and doing one side for each of the birthday people and a general birthday theme (hat, candles, balloons whatever) for the topper. That way even though it's one cake everyone's interest would be included.

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 10

How about a stacked cake but diffrent theme each cake. icon_lol.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 10

How about four little individual cakes? I get orders all the time for two/three/etc. different designs on one cake and in my experience, they always end up looking crowded and tacky.

Or you could go with cupcakes. I lkinda like the idea of four small cakes (maybe 6" rounds?) and then you could just do cupcakes/sheet cake to fill in for the other servings if you need any more.

How many people are we talking here?

loucarp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loucarp Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 10

How about one cake with heart shaped cookies..one for each person. I did this for a customer who wanted one cake for three different birthdays,

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 5:52am
post #6 of 10

I would just go for a cake that has nothing to do with them.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:08am
post #7 of 10

I saw somewhere a tiered cake that had a different name on each tier and I really liked that idea. You could either do one design that encompasses them all or each tier could be iced slightly differently to reflect each person. I've also seen cakes that are one big square cake then divided into four smaller squares of varying heights. Each square would be devoted to one person. I wish I could think what they were called or how to describe it better. If you went that way you could do a little gumpaste topper to reflect each person if you wanted to jazz it up on their square.

Here we go, just found a link to that square one: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1269253

CShields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CShields Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 10

Not that my idea was really very cleaver or wonderful, this was my way to remedy family member's birthdays honored on one cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1163787

CShields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CShields Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 10

Not that my idea was really very cleaver or wonderful, this was my way to remedy family member's birthdays honored on one cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1163787

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:07am
post #10 of 10

A family quilt , or family tree?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%