What Wrong W/my Airbrushing Machine?

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 1:48am by mixinvixen

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 6

It will spray but not spray the color. I can feel then air but nothing is coming out. Earlier in the day I ran some alcohol tru it. I've never done that before. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?
TIA! Michele

5 replies
shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 6

Nobody has had this happen?

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 6

You may have a clog....try removing the needle...very carefully...and run some soapy water thru without the needle in it....then reinsert the needle...carefully so you don't bend the tip...and see if it will work. If not, you can repeat process with Windex or dissolved denture tablets [learned this from Francis Kyper in an airbrush class years ago]. My airbrush is nearly 33 years old, has had the needle replaces a couple times, but still works just like it when I first bought it.

wcarrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcarrick Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 6

Could your needle be bent?

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 12:03am
post #5 of 6

What brand/kind of airbrush is it? Does it have a back piece that screws on? It would slide on over your inside parts and screw on. If so, remove it and see if you have a very small cone shaped piece that screws onto you inside parts. If you have that cone-shaped piece make sure it is snuggly screwed on.

Did any of that make sense? If not, I can try to attach a picture of an airbrush broke apart and go from there.

K'ly

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

not sure if you have a kopykake or what, but recently when mine made a loud noise and stopped spraying, i had no clue what had happened. i could hear something rattling around in the compressor case, so i knew something was broken inside. the next day, after some much needed sleep, i looked up the kopykake site and was able to find a diagram of my model with the way it's supposed to look...i then took out the screws, saw the parts that were broken, called kopykake, and they ended up sending me $8 worth of parts for free, actually...and i'm not even under warranty anymore! he just asked if i was a first time shopper with them, i was, so he threw the discount my way...pretty cool!

anyway, check on the internet to see if you can find an online diagram of your make and model.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%