Help, Please: Fondant Sweating Do I Still....

Decorating By STRAWBERRY1390 Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm by STRAWBERRY1390

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 6:11am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I am having a disaster, my fondant is sweating, which I betted on since I have heard it mentioned many times on CC but as this is my first fondant cake in the middle of warm humid weather ( the whole week icon_cry.gif ) I didnt anticipate it happening so fast. the minute I placed the fondant on the cake it began to sweat. which icon_redface.gif made it hard to smooth had to keep dustiing my hands and smoother with cornstarch. icon_cry.gif
Now here is my question. I need to luster this stuff add some edging and pearls and the damn swag. Do I have to wait till it decides to stop sweating or do I just move forward.

Please help me I am going insane with worry.

Thanks in advance and happy caking,

3 replies
rvercher23 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 6:19am
post #2 of 4

Was your cake cold when you put the fondant on? If so, that might be why it is sweating. After it gets to room temp, it will dry and be ok. Do nust add luster dust until it is dry you will have ugly splotches and clumps of luster dust all over your cake. HTH! Good Luck.

Rylan Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 4

I would suggest you wait.

STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the responses I did wait as revercher23 advised me to let it dry. It did dry but other problems occured you can view them in cake Se la vie.

Happy caking,

Quote by @%username% on %date%