Royal Icing

Decorating By shaymomx5 Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 11:02pm by shaymomx5

shaymomx5 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:55am
post #1 of 3

Okay night owls, hopefully someone is on with an answer. I am in the middle of a cake due tomorrow and am having a time with royal icing. I don't use it that much at all so I don't have a lot of experience with it. I am making patterns on fondant. The guide calls for tip 1 but it seems too thick to come out. Tried thinning it (probably bad idea) and still seems too thick, tried tip 2, big mistake, too thin. Running out of time and I am exhausted. Someone help, please. Here is the cake I am working

Thank you

2 replies
Cakechick123 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:10am
post #2 of 3

the rule with RI is the thinner your icing the smaller the tip. The thin icing is spreading once you'e piped making it a thicker line. You should do the popposite and make your icing stiffer with some PS.

If your icing is not coming out the tip it might be blocked. did you sift the ps well? If not you might have little clumps thats causing a blockage.

shaymomx5 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you. I went ahead and made a new batch. The other was that ready to mix stuff. It worked out okay. I gave up on the tip1 and just used tip 2. Thank you again for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%