Tylose For Making Gum Paste

Decorating By kearniesue Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 12:43pm by kearniesue

kearniesue Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 3

Hi guys,

I saw Edna's recipe for gum paste, and it calls for Tylose. I checked a couple of places in town, and they've never heard of it. Does anyone know where I can get it, or is there another (idiot proof, easy to make so I can't screw it up) recipe someone can give me that doesn't call for it?



2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #2 of 3

You can order it from any cake decorating supply website or try to find it at a cake decorating shop in your area.

You can probably find Wilton's Gum-tex locally...Michaels and Hobby Lobby carry it. It has a recipe on the container. It doesn't work as well as tylose, at least for me, but it is a lot easier to find.

kearniesue Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 3

Ah, ok, thatnks. I didn't realize gum-tex was the same thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%