Sugar Diamonds

Sugar Work By liv6 Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 10:40pm by jab2004

liv6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liv6 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a presentation for school in two weeks and I would like to make some little sugar diamonds. The molds that I'm seeing on GSA and other sites are not exactly what I'm looking for, and buying them premade is a little too costly for me. Does anyone out there know where I can find this. Or maybe a site that's a little less expensive for them premade. I'd appreciate any help at all.
TIA

5 replies
charliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliecakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

live 6. I'm looking for the same things. You're right. All the mold i've found so far show a mixture of different gem shapes or they are the extra large 3D version. If i find anything i will be sure to post information. icon_eek.gif

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 6

Do you have a picture of what you mean?

Are you thinking of the crystals you can make from sugar? If so, they are really inexpensive at http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=617971. Or you can "grow" them attached to a string - there are several sites with instructions.

Edited to add: The link didn't work. Do a search for Rock Sugar on countrykitchensa.com. You can purchase a large bag or a jar of the clear sugar crystals.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 6

kathy scott at sweetexpressions.com sells a kti of several molds and a block of sugar that you melt.. can,t think of the name of the sugar now.. she sells on ebay.. i bought it from her at a dos. where she demoed it. hth.. nice little kit to get started with this sugar diamonds,etc..

liv6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liv6 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 6

Here's a picture of what I'm looking for. I did find a mold that is close to what I wanted but they take up to two weeks to ship. My presentation is in less than that. I think I may nix the idea and just buy some small fake clear gems. I would hate to do this though since this is my pastry showcase
LL

jab2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab2004 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6

The easiest way to make those is to go to the jewelry section of the craft store and find the type of stones you are looking for and buy a packet of them. Then go to the clay department and look for the make a mold kit (make sure you get the one that is food safe.) Follow the directions on the box and in less than half an hour you'll have the mold you're looking for. The kit contains part A and a part B that you mix together. You can also buy it from
http://www.culinart.net/silicone.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%