When To Apply Black Fondant Accents

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 1:13am by drakegore

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:58am
post #1 of 2

I have a BC cake that needs black fondant accents. The cake is ready to go except for the accents. Do I put them on now (and leave in the fridge overnight) or put them on right before delivery tomorrow? The cakes will be sitting out approx. 4-5 hours before being served, but will be in an ac'd room, not outside.

TIA!

1 reply
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #2 of 2

i think the dark colors on bc are scary icon_smile.gif i did it twice in the last ten days and even though i was anticipating problems with bleeding, i did not get any.

last week i had a yellow bc with super dark purple accents. i put them on the night before, then into the fridge for overnight, brought it out into a/c room with no problem. couldn't quite beleive there was no issue.

then i had a white bc cake with black, red, and blue cut outs. i put the cutouts on at 10am, into the fridge for a couple hours, brought it out at 1pm, served it at 4:30 and again no problems (and the serving room was not very cool). i had made the decorations in advance, then kept in press-n-seal saran wrap...so they were still pliable but not super soft. this might have helped (though on the other cake, i just cut and applied).

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%