I Got The New Yearbook!!!!

Decorating By Mattie1 Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm by loriana

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #31 of 44

The yearbook is in Canada, but the only place that i've seen it is at the Bulkbarn and Michael's Arts and Crafts.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #32 of 44

I looked at our local Michael's and Hobby Lobby and neither one of them has gotten them yet. (Or maybe they sold out...but really, I'm thinking they didn't get them). All the stands were packed full of crap.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:04pm
post #33 of 44

I spent my lunch break going to our local Party Time store, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Walmart and none of them have it.

The Wilton.com store doesnt have the new one on sale yet either. This is harder than waiting for Santa Claus.......

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #34 of 44

Wilton.com has it and they have free shipping on the yearbook if you only purchase that. Here is the link... http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=84C2C8D5-1E0B-C910-EA3F6545F99AE6F8&fid=C1EEA2A5-1E0B-C910-EAB22C57FBA25E01

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #35 of 44

Thanks for the link....can't wait to buy it and see all the wonderful cakes!!!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:31pm
post #36 of 44

Thanks for the link! Its on the way now...

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #37 of 44

I bought mine (and the pattern book) on E-Bay. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=390057433784

I just got an e-mail from them and it should ship out to me in the next day or two icon_biggrin.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:58pm
post #38 of 44

I just called the local Michael's and AC Moore and neither of them have it...I want to peek at it before I buy it. I like the cake on the cover lol.

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #39 of 44

I got mine today from Wal-Mart it has a lot of cute new way to decorate. But not to many new things You can go to the Wilton site, they have a page for their new products and you can see their new things that are in the book.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/department.cfm?id=8D4DB6B6-1E0B-C910-EA62FB6CBCE0D398&fid=8D4DB6E5-1E0B-C910-EA85608079FA5F00

my yearbook is full of sticky tab all over it already withings i like and would like to do.

New things I like:
New Colorburst Brights Candy Melts,

candy melts new colors: Midnight Black, Spooky green

Decorating Bag Holder

Sparkle Gel: Black, gold, orange, white

Fondant Imprint Mat: Happy birthday, Star power

Fillable Pillars: this are clear pillars that you can fill them up with what ever you like to go with the them of the cake.

my true thoughts on this book is that they have maybe half of the book are cakes i have seen before but with just a little different change to them is all they did. their wasn't nothing really that WOW me. only just cute things. those are my thoughts.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #40 of 44

Just checked out the link SHADDI and I'm kind of bummed about the premade roses thing. Only because I can hear my non caker customers saying "Oh my, those flowers are extra??!! I can buy them premade for $5 from Michaels!!" Oh, well.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

Just checked out the link SHADDI and I'm kind of bummed about the premade roses thing. Only because I can hear my non caker customers saying "Oh my, those flowers are extra??!! I can buy them premade for $5 from Michaels!!" Oh, well.

Don't worry, any homemade roses you make have to be better than those factory-made roses. Even the store associates at my Michael's have been snickering about them. Whenever a cake decorator buys a package and I happen to be in the store, they always say "hey Lisa... another faux designer just bought The Roses again". icon_rolleyes.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #42 of 44

The premade roses I saw from Wilton were quite shabby looking...really small and non realistic in thickness and color. I ordered the yearbook and hope to see it very soon. I wish they would start selling dragees in Michaels.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:44am
post #43 of 44

I thought the roses were somewhat cute- prefabricated, but not horrible like their pansies! They look like bats!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

The premade roses I saw from Wilton were quite shabby looking...really small and non realistic in thickness and color. I ordered the yearbook and hope to see it very soon. I wish they would start selling dragees in Michaels.

Just thought I would tell you, I really doubt we will ever see metallic dragees at Michaels. The reason is, Michaels is a corporate store who doesnt make differentiation of product allowed from state-to-state. Some stores do, like Safeway Grocery store. Safeways in California sell wine. Safeways in another state may not.

But Michaels decided, I believe, not to sell anything not illegal from state to state. Dragees are not allowed in some states. Someone told me once and I forgot; something to do with the amount of trace metals in a food item was too high for more strict states. I know you used to not be able to buy them in California.

As for the pansies... I agree LOL... bats... LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%