Lol I'm Such A Loser!

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm by shelbur10

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 23

LOL ok so i just got my second star and a "nominate me" button. I think it just made my whole day! lol
i was sitting at my desk and was just so excited lol!

anywho just had to share my excitement icon_smile.gif

22 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 23

Congrats! I cannot describe my ridiculous excitement when I realized I'd hit 'superstar' status. icon_rolleyes.gif It takes so little to thrill me.

SJ169 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 23

i can imagine the excitement! lol it doesnt take much to thrill me either! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 23

I'm so happy for you I cried.

SJ169 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 23

lol icon_smile.gif

merrywood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merrywood Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 9:12am
post #6 of 23

Is there a significance to the stars? Do you become a superstar by posting a lot, or because you are an expert? In other words, is the advice of the multi-starred folks what you should be paying attention to?

shelbur10 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 23

no, no, no, I'm no expert. It's just based on how many times you've posted. It really doesn't mean anything except that I talk (type) a lot. icon_lol.gif

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 23

LOL. I was excited, when I got rid off the "newbie" call. In a real I am still newbie! Most of my post were questions, but there were a few people I could help, and that feeling is fantastic. Congratulation to you!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:21pm
post #9 of 23

I've never paid attention, but now I have to post, just to see how many, if any I have!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:22pm
post #10 of 23

MEEEEE TOOOOOO 2 **********!!!!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:43pm
post #11 of 23

I never noticed all those stars before......... how does one earn them?

(there's probably a sticky with the answer but my computer is so slow this morning and so am I) icon_redface.gif

anyway, congratulations

nannie Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm
post #12 of 23

OOOh,

I just realized I have 3 icon_surprised.gif

How'd those get there icon_lol.gif

shelbur10 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #13 of 23

Nannie, you get more stars the more you post.

nannie Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 23

Thank You shelbur10 who has 5 gold stars, is a forum superstar and an adorable child as her avatar icon_lol.gif

shelbur10 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #15 of 23

Aw thank you nannie. I'm ashamed to admit, but that adorable child is digging into his Walmart smash cake and is now 7 yo with considerably fewer adorable moments. But at least he doesn't get Walmart cakes anymore. icon_lol.gif He doesn't really care to eat much cake anymore, either...he just demands the biggest, most elaborate showpieces that Mommy can make, then eats about half a slice. icon_rolleyes.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm
post #16 of 23

I'm a frequent member and can't wait til I hit the next level! Doesn't take much to thrill me either, lol. (BTW, this post counts toward my next star! ) icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:35pm
post #17 of 23

Shelbour10 - I read your sig a while ago, and I think of it often......I think more folks should read it - it may make some stop and think.??? Anyhow, I just wanted you to know what an impact it had on another! icon_smile.gif

AND conrats SJ - you'll have more stars before you know it - I think I have been here forever now! thumbs_up.gif

Laurascakefactory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurascakefactory Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:44pm
post #18 of 23

mine still says newbie but i am try to get rid of that status. I love to reply and post when I can help.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #19 of 23

I am so happy for you! I love this post! I have read many signature and find "this" signature to be the perfect one. I have a hundred so far! As for the stars, we all grew up getting stars as a postive reinforcement of our good behavior, now we get them for our addiction! icon_lol.gif Ain't life sweet?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #20 of 23

Keep it up! I love seeing members participate.

It really disheartens me to see members who have been here longer than I, and only have 2-3 posts written, all of them questions because they need help. It's time they give a little back, right?

Glad to have ya!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm
post #21 of 23

I started out finding the other threads that had the answers looked for in the new question, and posted them so they could be found.
I was so excited the first time I could actually answer someone's question!

lostbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostbaker Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #22 of 23

I haven't found much that I can answer, so most of my posts are questions too. That's probably the reason why I have so few! But I love this site, I'm on here atleast every alternate day!

shelbur10 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Shelbour10 - I read your sig a while ago, and I think of it often......I think more folks should read it - it may make some stop and think.??? Anyhow, I just wanted you to know what an impact it had on another! icon_smile.gif

Thank you Loucinda, it's always nice to know you've touched someone else's life in some small way. I can't even remember where I first heard that quote, but I *try* to live by it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%