Can You Put Fondant On An Ice Cream Cake?

Decorating By bluedog Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 12:02am by bluedog

bluedog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedog Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter just doesn't like cake, so I have been thinking about an ice cream cake for her bday. But we have gotten pretty elaborate with decorations, so she wants a 3d cake design. SO....I think the answer is no, b/c I never even like to refridgerate a fondant cake but I will ask the experts.

Can I cover ice cream cake in fondant????

5 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 6

i think it would melt. But i really don't know as i haven't personally tried it.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 9:31am
post #3 of 6

I wouldn't use it. I also think it would melt.

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 9:41am
post #4 of 6

I can't get past the line "my daughter doesn't like cake"!!?!?!! icon_surprised.gif Perhaps if i had that prob., i might be a lot thinner! LOL! icon_lol.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 6

This may not be the best idea, but it is something I would do. Can you make the ice cream cake, not worry so much about decorating it. Then make the 3-D cake with regular cake. The 3-D cake can be the showpiece, and when it comes time for eating, you can just give your daughter (and anyone else) a slice of the ice cream cake. I know, it's more work. Sorry, you've proabably already thought of that.

bluedog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedog Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #6 of 6

Don't get me wrong, she LOVES sweets, but when it comes to cake, she only ever eats the icing. Good suggestion to make a base of ice cream and some cake features!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%