Bad Day!!!

Decorating By cakeheart Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 11:04pm by chassidyg

cakeheart Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 9

I am sure this has happend to quite a few of you...or am i the only one?
...when nothing seems to go right!

well my cake is crumbling, sticking, breaking, its crooked my filling didn't set very well, and frosting it seems impossible!! ugh!! and to top it all off I turn my back for a nano second and my 2 year old decided to take a chunk out of it and smear it on the walls!!

i usually expect one or two snags when doing my cakes but is a whole different story!

I haven't finnished my disaster but i think a good second frosting, some fondant, and a nice break frome all that is cake should do the trick. The inside might look a little messy icon_sad.gif but it will taste good and hopefully look okay!

thanks for letting me vent icon_smile.gif

8 replies
oneyracing Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 9

oneyracing Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 9

dang pc'

i feel for ya...i think we have all had those days...last weekend i couldnt get my buttercream to fondont was all mixer broke right in the middle of everything...and still had three cakes due that next day...just take a deep breathe..walk away for a bit and go try again after a break...hopefully your day will get better...(insert smiley from above here)

blondeez Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 9

I know I have days like that at work. Definately walk away for a bit. Dont know where you are located but Im in louisiana and now that the weather has turned in the center of HELL. I have lots of troubles at home lately decorating. Hoping to get things under control soon, or I will have to find a walk in freezer soon.

Rthrbswmng Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:08am
post #5 of 9

Sorry to hear about your experience, but youre not alone today. I've had a bad cake decorating myself, and finally broke down and bought a new pan hoping it would help. I can't bake a cake semi evenly or non-burnt to save my life today. I tried to pipe figures for the first time and lets say I'll have to go with a new design to finish it tomorrow. Glad all days aren't like today, or I'd have to find a new hobby lol Hope your cake eventually turned out icon_smile.gif

jdrew Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 9

Two weekends ago, I had a day like that. I took a day off work to work on two cakes. After 8 hours, I end up calling my boyfriend to come over to help because I was already in tears. We left the house to get more supplies and when we got back, he jump right in to help. I felt so much better. Getting aways from the cake helps.

One cake, that he helped on, looks good (Maker's Mark) and the other Clinique still ended up looking bad but I give my SIL a discount.

Who hasn't cried over cake at some point?

Franluvsfrosting Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 9

Oh, been there done that! Hope it's going better now!

kate6207 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 9

I know how you feel. It always seems like when one thing goes wrong then everything else after goes wrong as well.

chassidyg Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:04pm
post #9 of 9

My 2 yr old has done the same thing, I feel for you & hope your day gets better...Yesterday as I was finishing my nieces cake he started getting forks out & "setting" the table, he wanted cake so bad, so I presented him with his little 4in cake from leftover batter, and that kept him out of my nieces cake. My son always watches me make the cakes & says "pretty" mama, even if they look bad. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%