I Need Another Parents Advice!

Lounge By CTrammell2435 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm by CTrammell2435

CTrammell2435 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTrammell2435 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 3

If anyone has ever been in this situation Please help!!!! Just so you know Sue is my 5 yr old little girl! I have the one child and Brock has 2 a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 13 about to be 14. All the kids get along great! Sue and Tristan(the boy) already think of eachother like brother and sister and sue thinks of Sami(the girl) as her big sister!

Sue has gotten so close to Brock that she has started calling him dad and well its kinda upsetting the oldest of the kids. Im not sure what to do in this situation. Brock said it will happen and it shouldnt be rushed. But I have to disagree and say I dont think it is being rushed. She feels like he is a father figure to her and she loves him very much! She thinks of both kids like her brothers and sisters. I think If she feels that way then its not rushing.. Its not like anyone is pushing her everyday to call him that she just does it on her own. either way this goes one of the kids is going to end up upset. If i tell sue that she cant call Brock that she is going to feel like she is doing something wrong and that he dosnt love her but on the other had if sue keeps it up the older child Is going to keep getting upset. I love both girls so much and dont want to see either of them hurt or upset.

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 3

Are you and Brock married? How does the oldest girl feel about your relationship? Is she okay with everything or does she feel like you and/or your daughter are taking her daddy away from her?

I'd say at the age when the world is starting to turn upside down and you are walking into your teen age years, it would have been hard for me to have another kid come into the picture and call my dad dad.

I'd say either have Brock talk to her, or if you have a good relationship with her you could do it, and see what about it bothers her. She just may need to be assured that no matter what no one else will take her place in her dad's world.

Chances are also, while your daughter loves him and does see him as a father figure she is also just calling him what she hears the other kids calling him. My friends 2 year old daughter will sometimes call her bf da-da (he's been in the picture since she was 6 months old) it is because she always heard his son call him that and not that her mom refers to him that way. Sometimes mom and dad are just a 'name'.

I'll be honest and say with what I said I am not in a blended family situation, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Hopefully some of the others that have more experience with this can help you.

CTrammell2435 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTrammell2435 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 3

No we are not married yet. I ahve sat down and talked to sami because i didnt want her to feel like I was coming in trying to push her or Tristan out of the picture. And she is really happy with our relationship she cant wait till we do get married.. I mean she was soooo happy when we finally moved in together.. And as for sure she has just started calling him dad.. She has called him brock for the longest time until now. Sues dad signed over rights when she was 3 he has not been in her life since she was two and she has told me over and over how she cant wait to have a daddy.. Its all so confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Are you and Brock married? How does the oldest girl feel about your relationship? Is she okay with everything or does she feel like you and/or your daughter are taking her daddy away from her?

I'd say at the age when the world is starting to turn upside down and you are walking into your teen age years, it would have been hard for me to have another kid come into the picture and call my dad dad.

I'd say either have Brock talk to her, or if you have a good relationship with her you could do it, and see what about it bothers her. She just may need to be assured that no matter what no one else will take her place in her dad's world.

Chances are also, while your daughter loves him and does see him as a father figure she is also just calling him what she hears the other kids calling him. My friends 2 year old daughter will sometimes call her bf da-da (he's been in the picture since she was 6 months old) it is because she always heard his son call him that and not that her mom refers to him that way. Sometimes mom and dad are just a 'name'.

I'll be honest and say with what I said I am not in a blended family situation, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Hopefully some of the others that have more experience with this can help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%