torysgirl87 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:01pm

You can view it online on my new website.

http://hobbycakes.webs.com/apps/blog/?view_type=0

I've also attached a PDF version.

I'm trying to turn my current website into a strictly business site for rentals and keep the baking as a hobby since I can't have a kitchen at home. icon_cry.gif

I enjoyed making this tutorial, but I took all of the pics by myself and I'd loned my camera out so much of this was done w/ one hand w/ a camera phone! icon_lol.gif I did this for a friend who lives far away and wants this cake for a friend of hers whose having a baby. I don't know how to ship cakes, so I'm sending her this in hopes she can pull it off herself for her friend. It is simplified using basic kitchen tools.

I hope it helps someone! Happy Baking! icon_smile.gif

57 replies
cylstrial Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:06pm

Your tutorial is awesome! I went ahead and printed it so that I'll know where it is. Thanks for sharing! The cake looks great!

sweetsbyl Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:09pm

I bookmarked it! Thanks for sharing!!!

GeminiCake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm

Great Tutorial! Seems very easy!

mcdonald Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:16pm

Fantastic job!!! Thanks for letting us benefit as well as your friend!! icon_smile.gif

torysgirl87 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm

You're most welcome, all! I'm happy its appreciated. That makes my day! icon_smile.gif

This is SUCH an easy cake to make, its one of my favorites.

For the actual cake in the pic I didn't use a bundt pan, I used a betty crocker bake n fill w/o the insert, but I've made it w/ th insert; I've made this cake w/ a bundt pan before, as well as the wilton 3d egg and I've used the mini wonder molds instead of cupcakes. It's so versatile, I just love it!

noyhoward Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm

Great tutorial!Thank you for sharing!I have to do this cake next month & don't have a ball pan,it's good to know that I can use a bunt pan for this.

bakermommy4 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:31pm

Thanks for the great tutorial...I've printed it out and placed it in my "how to" file. icon_smile.gif

alvarezmom Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:33pm

Great tutorial! And the finished cake came out so pretty!!!

G_Cakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:43pm

Bookmarked and printed thanks for the tutorial!

mindy1204 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:45pm

That was awesome... Hope to make that for a co-worker who is pregnant.

onize Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing. ~ PJ

imamommy1205 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm

Great job!

Frankyola Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:08am

Thank You thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeRN Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:49am

very nice tutorial. thanks...love the finished product...

katherinem Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:56am

This is a a great tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing with CC!!

glendaleAZ Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:47am

Thank you!

londonpeach Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:22pm

Great, easy to follow, i'm still trying to find someone who wants one of these cakes icon_rolleyes.gif
Thank You icon_biggrin.gif

MrsLev557 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 10:50pm

Thanks so much, looks very easy to follow ... printed and bookmarked!!

I've always wanted to try one of these....

Thanks Shirl

sadsmile Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm

I have seen some some bellies and soooome cake boobs...LOL I must say that your cake is very porportionate and very flattering! Very cool. Thank you so much for sharing! At first I thought no way are those ity bity cupcake boobies going to look good, but they do!

ski Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 12:01am

That is so awesome! You are an angel for taking the time to do that for us! Most def a "Pay It Forward" moment! thumbs_up.gif

KlyKat Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 12:22am

Gosh, you made it looks so easy...thanks for sharing!!!

diane Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:16am

thanks for sharing...and taking the time out to do this! thumbs_up.gif

torysgirl87 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I have seen some some bellies and soooome cake boobs...LOL I must say that your cake is very porportionate and very flattering! Very cool. Thank you so much for sharing! At first I thought no way are those ity bity cupcake boobies going to look good, but they do!

LOL...this cake has boobies like my own!

torysgirl87 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

LOL...this cake has boobies like my own!

sweetneice Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:08pm

I'm sooooooooooooo trying this sometime this week! I've been wondering how to do it and now I can do it! Thanks a million!

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%