Quick Help For A Bright Pink Color For Fondant!

Decorating By Cakeonista Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 11:43pm by ApplegumKitchen

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to get a bright pink almost fuchsia color for my fondx fondant. Fondant is very soft to begin, I have added deep pink americolor and even tried adding burgundy, it still looks a shade darker than baby pink. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also as soft as fondant is it looks like there are cracks in it?? Not sure whats going on. I probably shouldn't have tried a new brand this week end.
thanks

4 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know anything about fondx. But I have experienced that, when you add lot of colour to white fondant, it changes the texture. For the pink colour, I would have used Wilton's Rose Icing colour. Here is the link for colours,

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30B2D9-475A-BAC0-5D5C3DB846DFD354&fid=3E33265A-475A-BAC0-597A6ED538D55E2B

thumbs_up.gif

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure about fondant...but the Wilton rose pink is a very bright, almost hot-pink. Check out my corset cookies. That is the wilton rose pink.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 5

I too have tried make bright pink, using the Wilton rose color, Fondx fondant and it was still a lighter shade of pink. The more I put in the more muted the color was. Not sure what was going on. Never could figure it out.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 5

I used Americolor - ELECTRIC PINK ... but we warned - it fades quickly

Next time I used CREATIVE brand RASPBERRY (not sure if that is available in the US) as a base colour and then added the Electric Pink - seemed to fix the fading issue thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%