New Fondant Bead Maker From Ck-Dusting Or Pan Spray ?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 5:07am by cheatize

cocobean Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 9

I'm wondering what works best in a silicone bead maker. Do you dust with what kind of powder or spray pan coating? What works best? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Bluehue Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 9

I spray some *non stick spray stuff* onto a finger and VERY lightly run my finger along in the groove....that way i know every part of the mold has been prepped.

When i have filled the silicon mold i then pop it into the freezer for about 5 - 10 minutes .

Alot of people i know use corn flour - i guess its just ones own choice.... but my way works for me.

Happy Beading icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

cocobean Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 9

...thanks Blue!

Bluehue Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 9

bashini Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 9

For the first time I used it and I rubbed a bit of shortening, and it worked really well. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 9

I just use pearl dust--I'm gonna pearlify them anyway.

cocobean Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 9

O.K. I just made the first strand. The mold is pretty difficult to hold open and get it to go over the piece of fondant. Is there a trick? I think I could roll beads a lot faster than to try and keep using this. icon_cry.gif Any suggestions?

BTW, I did use a liitle spray on my finger to coat each bead hole. It came out o.k. but again the mold is very difficult to hold open. I think I squished the first 2 and last 2 beads at each end! icon_confused.gif Help!

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:42pm
post #8 of 9

I kind of hold the back end open with the crunk of the palm of my hand while keeping the other end (the front end) open with the fingers of the same hand. Then coax the babies out starting at the front end.

Make sense?

Takes a little finesse but you can do it.

Hell I squished the whole dang string of pearls at first and second and get the picture. icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:07am
post #9 of 9

I use powdered sugar on the inside and a little spray on the outside.

I also open the mold wide, hover it over a snake of fondant on the table, push it down into the fondant, let close, flip it over, and then squish it together. After that, I flip it over and scrape off the excess.

I use a Wilton tool that came with a fondant letter set to coax it out. A thick toothpick or a skewer would also work. I end up trimming the one edge a bit so it sits smoother against the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%