What Do I Need To Make Fondant/gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By Mommy23 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm by bobhope

Mommy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy23 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 3

I have only made fondant flower cutouts and roses but I want to start trying to make the more delicate type flowers such as hydrangeas etc. So what equipment etc. do I need. I have only worked with Fondant and never with gumpaste so have no idea how to make or use it. Is it still edible if you use gumpaste. Do you just use gumpaste or a combination of gumpaste and fondant. I am clueless but wanting to give this a try. Are there any sites for someone just starting out with flowers?

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 3

If one of your local stores offers the Wilton Fondant and Gumpaste Course, it would give you a good basis for making other gumpaste flowers and get you used to working with some of the tools. I use the wilton ready made gumpaste, I haven't used it that much, and so I don't wan't to make a batch of homemade unless I have to do a lot of flowers.

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 3

hi!there are a lot of flower cutters available online, as well as instructions too. just google the specific flower that you want to make..as for the gumpaste, technically it's edible but since it dries hard as a candy, it usually doesn't get eaten..i love using nicholas lodge gumpaste recipe.just google it too..hope was able to help a tiny bit ..good luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%