Need A Good Crusting Buttercream...

Baking By Creative_chika Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm by Creative_chika

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 7

I need help icon_smile.gif Can anyone share with me a good crusting buttercream? Or something I can use for under MMF?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Creative_chika Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 7

bump..

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 7

Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing is really great!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

Creative_chika Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 7

thanks so much

DamarisC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DamarisC Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 7

Sharon Zambito has an awesome recipe, i use it and have had great results. she sells the dvd "Perfecting the art of buttercream", in her video is her recipe for buttercream.

I know she has a little how-to clip on you tube as well. visit her website, sugaredproductions. and i know she is a cc member, i just dont remember her cc name.

Hope this helps!

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7

Have you tried Sugar Shack's buttercream recipe? You can find it in the recipes section on this site. That's what I use under my MMF and I also freeze my cake for 10 minutes prior to laying the fondant on my cake. It works like a charm. The icing is not completely frozen, but hard enough that it doesn't move very much after you lay your fondant on the cake. All the instructions are on Sharon Zambito's "Flawless Fondant" DVD which has made a world of difference for me! Money well spent! Best of luck!

Creative_chika Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 7

Do you have the link? I tried searching for it, found the website but not the recipe...

Thanks alot jolie1977 icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%