Correspondence Courses For Sugarpaste Floral Designs?????

Decorating By Classycakes Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm by Classycakes

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am very interested in improving on my basic sugarpaste flower skills and I am wondering if any of you know if any correspondence courses that exist for this type of skill. I live in an area that doesn't offer anything other than the Michael's basic courses and I would so love to have the opportunity to learn more. I see all the beautiful creations here on CC and I so want to learn, learn, learn!!

Any help or recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 replies
ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 5

You've found the BEST correspondence course...... its called THE INTERNET!! there are videos on You Tube - cake pics and tutorials EVERYWHERE

You work at your own pace - and best of all - its MOSTLY free thumbs_up.gif

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 5

I would check with the instructors at Michaels. My instructor is EXCELLENT. She is offering a gumpaste flower course one time this year. Even if they aren't offering it...mention it, if they have enough people interested they might make a class.

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with you Apple-- the internet is one of the best correspondence courses. Right on this sight-- you have so many people willing to help and give out tutorials and instructions!

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for replying. Maybe I haven't found the right internet site yet but my experience is that if it's a particular specific topic (like how to make a fondant rose), it's no trouble to find sites for that one thing. I'd like to find a more regimented program that will guide you from start to finish, tell you what tools you will need for each step of the way (maybe the tools can be incorporated into the course price), and grade you on your finished work.

There are so many correspondence courses out there for practically any type of craft or career path. I'm hoping that some institute or professional cake designer has one that I can enroll in from home and submit pictures of my progress to be graded. A certificate of completion would be nice too!!! icon_cool.gif I'd like to be able to produce professional quality sugarpaste centerpieces or cake toppers.

I've taken the Michael's courses and I've got the basics but I'm looking for something to take me to that next level.

Hey, this could be a new venture for some of CC's experts!!! icon_twisted.gif I'm sure there are other cake decorators like myself who live in areas where professional seminars or courses are not available who would just love to take a course like this at their own pace. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%