How To Annoy Me In 4 Easy Steps

Business By crazycaker Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm by crazycaker

kkswmmr114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkswmmr114 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:42pm
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

The long version for mildly bothering you is "They're breathing my air and pissing me off"

If they keep it up it becomes, "They are breathing my air."

And when they finally get on your last nerve it becomes "They're breathing!"

HAHAHAHA... That is how I feel alot of the time, lol. icon_biggrin.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:46pm
post #32 of 37

my future MIL asked me to make some snickerdoodles for a friend of hers. She said, oh....about 4 dozen or so should do it. and then asked if 2 bucks would cover my expense costs. all i could think was HA! what decade are we living in?!? 1910??? more like $10 for 4 dozen and thats me being generous since the thick batter almost gave my stand mixer a heart attack! darn MIL's.... icon_razz.gif

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #33 of 37

gggrrrrrrrrrr........MILs.....

My MIL and FIL were coming down for my DH's bday last month. I made a small 6" round for hubby, MIL, FIL, my mother, my grandmother, and myself....6 people, 6" cake...sounds good right. MIL pulls in with a car full of 6 extra people. Surprise! She said she wanted it to be a surprise for hubby, sure great but did I need to be surprised too? I would have made a bigger cake dumb bunny!

I'm with you chefjess819 gggrrrrrrrrrr.........MILs.....
icon_mad.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #34 of 37

I love the ones that show up for a consult driving an import sports car and toting a Louis V. purse...and just. can't. understand. why. the-super-fraking-fancy-fondant-covered-5-tier-explosion-of-bows-and-pearls-and-flowers-cake......
.......is gonna cost more than $300.

((sigh))

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:29am
post #35 of 37

mommachris - actually, it has been shortened to "Breathing!" before and it usually corresponds with my eyes rolling and a very deep breath. But at least it keeps me from telling someone how I really feel. I'm a pretty easy going person, but sometimes I have to remember my social filter.

People are just getting more and more self involved and don't seem to care about anyone else anymore.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:08pm
post #36 of 37

Okay, gotta stop laughing!! I have a customer coming to pick up a cake VERY soon - I had a VERY difficult time getting the information dragged out of her for this cake, and I just hope that I can keep a straight face while she is here. LOL! Thank you all!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #37 of 37

Update...apparently she DID consider that an order. She just had her friend call me, and want to know when the cake can be picked up.

Friend: Hi, I just want to know when I can get XXX's cake for her.

Me: Oh? [quickly gathering wits] I am very sorry, I did not know she wanted the cake.

Friend: Yeah, she does. Can I come Thursday?

icon_confused.gif

Could you imagine the call I'd get when Thursday came, and she wanted to know where the cake was?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%