Edible Ink And Frosting Sheets Questions . . .

Decorating By crnadeau Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 2:10am by crnadeau

crnadeau Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 12

I recently purchased a printer so that I can start doing image cakes. Was wondering where all of you get your edible ink and frosting sheets. Does Joanns carry stuff like this or can I only get this through the mail? Thank you so much for your help!!!

P.S. I got a Canon ip3500 in case you wanted to know.

11 replies
misabel99 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 6:48am
post #2 of 12

I have the same one and I got my ink and my sheets on icingimages.com there where a little bit cheaper than kokykake because I got them with chip included thumbs_up.gif

linedancer Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:16am
post #3 of 12

That is where I get mine too. They have great customer service.

RosieC Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:38am
post #4 of 12

I get mine from Walkers Online Sales...they are nice to do business with too.

crnadeau Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 12

If I already have the original ink cartridges can't I take the chip off of there and put on the cartridges w/out the chip? I'm trying to get the best price possible since this is my first time and it is basically for practice.

Thanks ladies I know I can count on you!!!

linedancer Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 12

You could give icingimages a call, they can advise you about that. It might be feasible, but if it didn't work, you would be out the time and money for the w/o chip cartridges and still have to buy the with chip ones. icon_sad.gif

vlk Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 12

OK - I am new to this Printer idea - and wondering .... You can buy a - lets call it a regular printer and then buy the ink/paper and a "chip" and it becomes ...TaDa.. the image printer you can use on your cakes/cookies?
I have seen them online for 300$ or more.... but a regular printer can be $60 (on the cheap side).. so how does this work?

Please let me in on the secret ! MUCH APPRECIATED ! icon_lol.gif

And correct me if I am way off -

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 12

Kammerude there are certain canon and epson printers that you can buy edible ink cartridges for. Kopykakes website has a list of them.

iramirez94 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #9 of 12

You can save shipping costs by buying the frosting edible sheets at Sams club They shell the full sheet pk of 24 for 27.70

mommyle Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 12

Here is some stuff in PDF from KopyKake. It tells you what ink to buy with what printer. I like the Epson b/c you don't have to mess around with the chip. Plop the ink in and go! And I have let mine sit idle for months at a time, and then go to print something off, and it's perfect. No drying or anything!. Love it!!!!
http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

vlk Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:08pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Kammerude there are certain canon and epson printers that you can buy edible ink cartridges for. Kopykakes website has a list of them.

Thank you very much - I will take a look !

crnadeau Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:10am
post #12 of 12

I got my printer off of ebay for $40 shipped. It is a brand new printer, never even opened the box. Absolutely great price. It should be here tomorrow. I will try Sam's club. That would be great if I could get them locally. Can you only buy the ink online?

Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%