Nfsc Experts, Please Help!

Baking By jpmama Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 5:20am by Bluehue

jpmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpmama Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:26am
post #1 of 9

I have 300 cookies coming up, and I have made the NFSC, rolled and cut them, and frozen the uncooked cutout cookies. When I go to bake them, should I bake them frozen or thaw them first? Also, these are not going to be bagged, so how do you store the cookies after baking to keep them fresh for a day or two?

8 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:36am
post #2 of 9

I bake from frozen or semi-frozen....just plan to add a few extra minutes to your baking time, no problems. icon_smile.gif

As for staying fresh....these aren't soft, chewy cookies that will change radically after a day or so. These are meant to be semi-crisp sugar cookies anyway. I wouldn't worry about a day or two of exposure. thumbs_up.gif It's not going to make the cookies "unfresh" as they sit drying...that's assuming you are icing these as well?

I store them flat on cookie trays stacked on a kitchen rolling rack...but you can also lay them flat in Tupperware containers or pizza boxes. They should really be exposed to the air to dry evenly and completely though. I wouldn't box them up while the icing is still wet, you know?

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:33am
post #3 of 9

JPmama when you cut them out how did you freeze. Do you put them between sheets of parchment? I always bake mine frozen, I find they hold their shape better. I find that if you seal them too much they get soft. so I would air dry thoroughly and the maybe in a tupper ware with the lid not air tight.

jpmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpmama Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 9

I cut out the cookies and layered them in tupperware containers w/ wax paper b/n each layer. I was thinking baking them frozen might help them keep their shape, and it sounds like it does. Thanks for the responses!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 9

I bake mine frozen also. They really hold the shape well because of it.

When The cookies are dry, I cover them loosely with foil and leave them on the racks before I bag them.

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #6 of 9

nfsc?

mommyto4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto4 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:16am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRach

nfsc?

no fail sugar cookies

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:19am
post #8 of 9
Quote:

nfsc?

This stands for "No Fail Sugar Cookie" Recipe in on the CC site. It is a great recipe.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 5:20am
post #9 of 9
Quote:

nfsc?

No Fail Sugar Cookies
If you click on *recipes* you will find it there.

Bluehue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%