Which One Do You Guys Use

Decorating By nissi01 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm by nissi01

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:03am
post #1 of 7

I posted this earlier in the "how to forum" Can you guys tell me which one of the Walmart Shortenings do you use?

Hi everyone, i decided to post this question here because you guys are talking about the Walmart Shortening. My question is which Walmart brand do you guys buy to make your BC? I was at Walmart during my lunch break, and I was going to buy it. There was the Walmart Brand veg shortening and the Walmart brand shortening (which is prepared from meat fats and veg oil) The veg shortening is just like Crisco. They have the same ingredients. I hate the BC that I make with Crisco. I wanted to make some with high ratio shortening, but global sugar doesnt have it in stock for the summer. I dont want to order it online and get a tub of melted shortening and my local cake supply store doesnt cary it. the closest place to me would be in Bensalem PA ( I think). (not at all familiar with any other cake supply stores in the south jersey area.)

6 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 7

I use Walmart Veg Shortening, never had any problems with it. I haven't tried high ratio yet, same problem, no one near me carries it.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 7

I have used the both with no problems. I do prefer the veg shortening, but they were out one time and I had to get the other. It worked out just fine, but didn't seem quite as smooth to me.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #4 of 7

If you look at the label, not the ingredients but the nutrition facts, walmart vegetable shortening has 2.5 grams of trans fat and crisco doesn't have them anymore.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 7

the walmart all veg. brand with 2.5 grams of trans fat.

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 7

The Walmart veg. shortening. Never had any problems with it.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you guys for your responses. I forgot to look at the nutritional facts on the Walmart Veg shortening to see how much of the trans fat it has.

Thanks again.

Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%