How Do I Make "moist" Scones?

Decorating By Idreamofcakes Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 4:30am by Loucinda

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a "moist" scone recipe. I know they are usually more of a crumbly biscuit type, but I recently had some at a bakery that were super moist. They were the BEST scones i've ever had! Well of course the bakery closed icon_cry.gif
Please Please help me, my friends and I are having some serious withdrawls for these scones icon_razz.gif
They had them in blueberry and raspberry and were served with a whipped cream on the side, but I will try any flavor.
Thanks so much for any help!

5 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #2 of 6

Alton Brown has a great one on the Food Network's site. I've found I almost need to double the sugar in improve the texture/taste though. Without it it's a bit to biscut-y. With added sugar, it's a fantastic recipe.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 6

I like about 1/3 cup sugar per 1 cup of flour. And be very careful not to overbake them. The time difference between perfect and overbaked is not much.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:20am
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much, after working at Starbucks and loving their scones I didn't think they could get better till I tried these others. I will try the sugar trick and check out Alton's recipe.
(Although Starbucks pumpkin ones are pretty darned good!)

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:39am
post #5 of 6

He's got a great lemon curd to go with them too. Otherwise you can really change around the flavors to suit your taste. I've done cinnamon, blueberry, mixed berry, orange zest and plain.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #6 of 6

I have made several different flavors for a coffee shop here......peach & cinnamon, raspberry white chocolate, strawberry, there are a lot of different options - and they are all soooo good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%