Snickerdoodle Cake...pleased Help

Baking By Kaiah723 Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm by Kaiah723

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:28am
post #1 of 16

I found this recipe on here somwhere for a snickerdoodle cake and it calls for cinnamon roll yogurt. I work at a local grocery store (Stop & Shop) and looked through every freakin yogurt on the shelf icon_mad.gif and could not find this!! They had pineapple upside down cake for cryin out loud but no cinnamon roll yogurt!! So I was wondering if anyone has bought this yogurt before and where did you get it from? Thanks!!

15 replies
blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:36am
post #2 of 16

Yoplait is the one that sells that kind of yogurt. I wonder if Walmart would have it or Winn dixie?

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 16

Yoplait has it! Snickerdoodle cake?!?!? hmmm... my mouth just watered!

Kaiah723 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 16

Maybe it was just my store doesnt carry it because I looked at every yogurt on the shelf like four times and I especailly kept looking at he yoplait and didnt see it. I just got french vanilla instead, i dont know if Im going to use it or maybe Ill run out to another store. I'll let you know what happens tho and thanks for the help!!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 16

Can you use the vanilla and just add some cinnamon? I also saw cinnamon extract in the grocery store. You could try that if you can't find that exact yogurt.

Good Luck & Let us know how it turns out. It sounds delicious icon_biggrin.gif

Kaiah723 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 16

It calls for cinnamon extract also and ground cinnamon. The kid at the grocery store that was stocking the yogurt said he has never seen it before but did point me in the direction of cinnamon roll pudding...I dont know how the perishable pudding and yogurt compare but I guess I am going to find out!! I'm going to start baking now so I'll let you guys know how it comes out!!

Kaiah723 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:38am
post #7 of 16

So we just had the cake and it came out AMAZING!! I used 4 of the jell-o cinnamon roll puddings and 1 yoplait french vanilla yogurt since I couldnt find the cinnamon roll yogurt and the cake was super moist and delicious!!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 16

Yoplait is the maker of the cinnamon roll flavor, it is the thick and creamy style and it tastes like a cinnamon roll. M m good! thumbs_up.gif Where did you get your recipe for the cake if you don't mind me asking, sounds wonderful!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
evelyn

I forgot to ask if you would mind posting your recipe - icon_biggrin.gif

Kaiah723 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 16

Im so sorry this took me so long, been working every day!! I cannot take credit for this recipe as I found it somewhere on here but tweaked it because I could not find the yogurt. So here is the recipe I used:

2 white cake mixes
2 c flour
2 c sugar
3 (6oz) cinnamon roll yogurts (I used 4 Jell-O cinnamon roll puddings and 1 yoplait french vanilla yogurt here instead)
1 1/2 t salt
6 eggs
1 1/3 c milk (I used lowfat and it worked fine)
1 1/3 coffee creamer to complement flavor like cinnamon bun
1 t vanilla extract (I used the wilton clear vanilla but original recipe called for pure vanilla)
1 t butter extract
2 t cinnamon extract or 1 t lorann cinnamon flavor (I used the extract)
1/4 c melted butter
1 T ground cinnamon

I mixed all the ingredients in a large bowl and baked on 325 for about 45 minutes. It made 2 10 inch cakes and I still had some batter left over to make 16 cupcakes. This is proabably one of the best tasting cakes I have ever had and would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone!! Enjoy and if you make it let me know what you think of it!!

cakegrandma Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #10 of 16

Thanks so much for posting the recipe, I can hardly wait to try it. We have company staying for a couple of days next weekend and it sounds as though this is the perfect
cake to make. What kind of icing did you put on it?
evelyn

Kaiah723 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:18pm
post #11 of 16

The cake was delicious, Im sure everyone will love it. My daughters birthday is coming up and I wanted to use a rolled buttercream recipe I found on here but I didnt want to wait until I was making her cake to try it in case I didnt like it or it didnt work right. So I tried it with this cake and it tasted great but thank goodness I tried it early because it did not roll out well and was falling apart when I lifted it. I am going to use the snickerdoodle cake for her birthday party and I am going to use cream cheese filling and frosting. I think that would taste great with this cake and everyone else who tried it said they think it would be awesome with cream cheese frosting, so that is what I would recommend using.

cakegrandma Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:04am
post #12 of 16

That is what I had in mind when I saw your posting, mmmmmm. I hope I have the
time to make one for the friends that will stay with us. Thanks again for all your help! thumbs_up.gif
Evelyn

Kaiah723 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #13 of 16

Your welcome!! I hope you have the time to make it and if you do let me know how it comes out!!

cakegrandma Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #14 of 16

Well, I made the Snickerdoodle Cake this weekend............. It was as Guy Fieri says "OFF THE HOOK"! I used the Cinnamon Roll yogurt and then took cinnamon /sugar mix and sprinkled it over the top and swirled it in like a marble cake. I then put a Teaspoom of the cinnamon extract in the cream cheese icing as well as some cinnamon. Oh My Goodness!!! Our guests loved it and I took the rest into work and got a HUUUUGE thumbs up thumbs_up.gif from everyone there. Thank you so much for your recipe, it's a keeper!!!
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
evelyn

Kaiah723 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #15 of 16

haha that sounds delicious!! Im so glad you liked the recipe!!!

Kaiah723 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm
post #16 of 16

haha that sounds delicious!! Im so glad you liked the recipe!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%