Kitchenaid Mixer Died.....but Happy Ending

Decorating By Darla925 Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm by michellesArt

Darla925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darla925 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:03am
post #1 of 6

I am sooooo excited about what Kitchen aid has just done for me I just had to tell everybody. About two months ago I was in the procss of making SMBC, just about to get my eggs whipped up when my mixer sparked and made a funny noise and died; it basically blew up! Well I just now checked to see if it was still under warranty, and come to find out it was not. So the nice young lady, Audrey, tells me to go on and explain the nature of the problem, which I did.

The mixer was a gift from my mother and I had only had the mixer for about a year and a half. I was all ready to hear about how I could have it shipped back to them and pay a service fee and all that outrageous shipping. She proceeds to tell me that they will replace my mixer at no charge to me!!! I don't even have to pay for the return shipping, they are taking care of that for me! I told her that she has made me a customer for life. I am absolutely amazed and surprised at this level of customer service! I just had to share with those who could appeciate my joy, What a blessing!!!

5 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 6

wow, that is great. If only other companies saw the value in customer service, the economy wouldn't be in the crapper.

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:16am
post #3 of 6

That is awesome that they are doing that. I am dreading the day mine goes out.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 6

That is amazing! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 11:59am
post #5 of 6

That is amazing! I have heard that if you buy your mixer from Williams Sonoma (and keep the receipt), that if your mixer goes out they will replace the thing, over and over and over as you keep getting it from them. That's not personal experience, just what I've read on the forums.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 6

oh *sigh* i dread that day too-i got mine from a bunch of great girlfriends for my wedding!! love them!! i should start squirreling some money away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%